It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

suec4662 HB User
Post Multiple lipomas?

My husband was stationed at Camp Lejeune during the 'Toxic water' era, He has over 200 lipomas on his body. I would like to hear from anyone else that attributes health problems to the water the Marines were drinking.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
(male)

rockfordx2 HB User
Re: Multiple lipomas?

I just came back from the doctor because I have dozens of lipomas and seem to be getting more. I had pain in the regions where I'm getting the lipomas for the past seven years, but they only seemed to show up suddenly in the last month for some reason. Maybe they were there all along and I just couldn't feel or see them until now.

My dad and uncle both have just a few and and before I read your question I thought I might have Familial Multiple Lipomas. But then it hit me. My dad worked in a steel foundry for 40 years. My uncle worked at the same foundry for 13 years and I worked there in the most toxic department as a melter for 7 years. My dad had the least toxic job.

Some of the alloys I worked with were chromium, Maganese, nickel, silica, titanium, iron, carbon, and aluminum. Not to mention formaldyhyde and carbon dioxide. Most of these are not heavy metals so its hard to be test for.

I find it interesting your husband has over 200 lipomas. I hope it hasn't turned into Dercums Disease where you just get more and more. I find the toxic water connection interesting where I might try chelation. Up until now, I have resisted if any metal was in my fat, I did not want to send it to my brain. I had two coworker commit suicide. I cannot work do to chronic pain and fatigue. I hope your husband feel better. His body must feel like one giant bruise. Perhaps he should try liposuction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
(male)

jdoerr HB User
Re: Multiple lipomas?

I also am a former Marine with 100+ lipomas. In process of seeking assistance from VA (in processing for ove 12 months) and intersted in connecting and discussing with anyone else that has experienced similar issues. Mine started shortly after gulf war, but I was at LeJeune durign part of the "toxic water".

Closed Thread