It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

mrshalstead HB User
Question gulf war symptoms?

My husband served in the Gulf War in 90 and 91, about 8 monthes ago he developed wierd hives, we had not used anything different and after monthes of trying to think of anything they could be caused by we were told they are most likely auto immune, basically his body has become allergic to itself, he also suffers from night sweats and night mares. My research is showing this may be symptoms of Gulf War syndrome, has anyone else noticed strange rashes or hives?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
(male)

EP1 HB User
Re: gulf war symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshalstead View Post
My husband served in the Gulf War in 90 and 91, about 8 monthes ago he developed wierd hives, we had not used anything different and after monthes of trying to think of anything they could be caused by we were told they are most likely auto immune, basically his body has become allergic to itself, he also suffers from night sweats and night mares. My research is showing this may be symptoms of Gulf War syndrome, has anyone else noticed strange rashes or hives?
Yes, that is a common symptom, but I don't know a cure. I volunteered to go during the Gulf War, and got all the vaccinations, but then they cancelled my orders. I did, however, ship thousands of depleted uranium rounds, and then afterwards had to sweep the empty bunkers with no mask and a thick layer of dust. I have the same symptoms as Gulf War Syndrome, but I didn't go the combat region, which makes me think that either I'm crazy, or it was the vaccinations or the DU rounds that caused it. I'm pretty sure it was the depleted uranium. Was he near where depleted uranium rounds were used, or sabot rounds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

EP1 HB User

Does he have problems concentrating, fatigue or spurts of vertigo (dizziness) as well?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
(male)

drummer38 HB User

I have had the hives/rashes for more than four years. I have many other symptoms as well. Does your husband go to a VA hospital for treatment?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
(female)

mrshalstead HB User

He is still active duty so unableto go to VA yet, he is being seen on Post now though so far we have not gotten many answers

Old 11-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
(female)

mrshalstead HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP1 View Post
Yes, that is a common symptom, but I don't know a cure. I volunteered to go during the Gulf War, and got all the vaccinations, but then they cancelled my orders. I did, however, ship thousands of depleted uranium rounds, and then afterwards had to sweep the empty bunkers with no mask and a thick layer of dust. I have the same symptoms as Gulf War Syndrome, but I didn't go the combat region, which makes me think that either I'm crazy, or it was the vaccinations or the DU rounds that caused it. I'm pretty sure it was the depleted uranium. Was he near where depleted uranium rounds were used, or sabot rounds?
Well I don' think you are crazy at all! My husband is pretty sure it stems from the vacinations as well, so if you had them does not matter if you went or not, could easily still be surrering from it!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
(female)

mrshalstead HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP1 View Post
Does he have problems concentrating, fatigue or spurts of vertigo (dizziness) as well?
fatigue and insomnia!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
(female)

jersey2socal HB User

Not sure how to spell it, but my girlfriend's husband came home from the Gulf with "Leash Minyasis"??? Rashes all over him. They told him it was from a bug in the sand, but I'm not sure they ever cured it.

Last edited by jersey2socal; 11-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
(male)

EP1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshalstead View Post
He is still active duty so unableto go to VA yet, he is being seen on Post now though so far we have not gotten many answers
If possible, get a copy of every page from his medical records and keep it safe, in case they remove any of it later. If he's getting out of the military make sure every symptom or health problem is documented on his exit interview, even if its a runny nose. If there is no record once you get out, its too late.

If physical/neurological damage is the result of the vaccinations or something else, then there may not be a cure. I'm no doctor, but I never found a cure, and a lot of other people out there have difficulty as well. I've found melatonin helps with insomnia. I have rashes, loss of memory, blurred vision, and fatigue. I wish the best for you though. If they give him any treatments you can mention on the board, please put them out on the board. It may help others.

They did just release a vague report saying GWS was real, but no definitive answer as to what caused it, and likely no cure.

I think it was the vaccines or DU, but getting the government to admit anything is almost impossible.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-22-2008 at 07:08 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Closed Thread