It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
(male)

11BInfantry HB User
Frustrated and confused

I'm a Gulf war vet from Desert Storm. I'm being seen for multible syntoms from gws. I'm getting no results. I'm in severe pain, and mentaly drained from all the test I been through with no results. The VA doctors have me on alot of meds that help me a little, but I live my live in a haze. This is the first time I have posted anything. I am hoping for some feed back from any vets with the same problems, just to let me know I'm not going crazy.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

mconnie71 HB User
Re: Frustrated and confused

i think what you should do is to countact you county veteran representative they are usually there are the va clinics... or you can contact people at the american legion or the people at the dept of disabled veterans (DAV). the DAV, i have seen a representative sitting like at module 3 at my va hospital waiting or vets to talk to them. my county vet rep has an office at my va hospital, but usually has set hours. when you go to the va hospital/clinic go ask the info help desk if you have one there...

i had th sameproblems when i wastellmy va doctors when my problems were not so bad, they told me it was all in my head... i got tired of it, and stopped going to the va hospital. i starteed going to kaiser permanente. they startedlistening to me... got tested and the same test that VA did got results... i still have problems today where i would take the same test & the results varies..

i go to both hospitals now, but when VA gets me ticked off, i go back to kaiser doctors..

i used to take tons of meds..oxicotin, valium at the same time.. etc.. but i do not like them... you know VA has this thing call FEE BASIS.. where your primary doctor can request for you to see an outside doctor like: CHIROPRACTOR, MASSAGE THERAPIST, ACUPUNTURIST, PHYSICAL THERAPIST, ETC... if your clinic do not have it..

i have gone to all... chiropractors, massages, and acupunturusts are my 3 must haves.... VA PAYS FOR THEM ALL IF YOUR FEE BASIS GETS APPROVED..

ONES THAT GETS STARTED, YOU WILL HAVE DOCTORS SEEING/LISTENING TO YOU... YOU WILL ALSO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE VA PAIN CLINIC... cause it will have to get approved through there.

Hope this helps... GOD BLESS.. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
(male)

shortbob HB User

You are not alone. Mconnie71 is correct. You should contact a local VA Representative.
Go to the local VFW, American Legion posts and ask around for ainfo on the reps. The veterans will help you find one who may specialize in GWS/disabilities, etc.

I am also 11B and received an eight series of vaccinations in three days as a member of the USAR. The ingredient squalene is the culprit. Instead of strenghening the immune system as thought in reality it attacks it and weakens it. Anything you are genetically susepectable to you get decades early. I was dianosed with Stage Four prostate cancer in my late forties. My grandfather had it in his eighties.
The sooner you get started the better.
I am just now starting my VA disability case as I found out that it will not interfere with a job related disability that I have. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
(male)

Fenian HB User

Hey there, just wanted to say that i appreciate the fact that you did go over there and help alot people on this side of the pond. My best friend who is a corp in the Canadian military and was diagnosed with PTSD. I know this may sound simple amd may not even help you but, he told me that he felt that he felt so much better after people actually said the words we care/love you and we are here for you when ever you might need us. When he was getting the diagnosis, he said no one ever told him that, he felt like no cared until we all told him, goodluck take care

Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

May God hold you in his arms and give you everlasting peace. Love Bill

Closed Thread