It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

Marinesback HB User
DAV and other resources

Hello my fellow Veterans

I wanted to encourage any of you that are not aware to utilize the resources available to you. One of the best is the Disabled American Veterans (DAV). The DAV fights for our benefits and rights as veterans and is made up solely of veterans. You can also contact a National Service Officer to assist you with claims acting as your legal firm so to speak. For me, it was a real honor to stand with so many heroes, people that may have served with my gradfather or father in prior wars. I found it very humbling to stand in the same room saluting our flag. No words can really express the feelings when we observe a minute of silence for our fallen brothers and sisters. It is a pleasure for me to be a part of this organization volunteering and I hope to give back so their sacrifice was not in vain.

Another option is your local or county veterans services and even the veterans service officer located at employment centers throughout the country. At least the ones in my area can assist with a variety of needs including financial help, re-education benefits, and more.

Finally the patient advocate located in VA hospitals can help with any issues, grievances, or problems you might face while dealing with the VA.

Let's face it no one gave us a handbook when we were discharged to explain our rights. The only way you learn is word-of-mouth or experience.

Hope this helps some of you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marinesback For This Useful Post:
magicssd (06-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread