It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

kanelizard HB User
Had Decompression of the left hip for Avascular Necrosis and still having pain help

Can anyone help me? I am a 46, female. I had been complaining of hip pain for years but every doctor I went to just pushed it off as if I had nothing wrong. I suffer from Addison's Disease, Hashimoto's Disease, Fibromylgia, L5-S1 Bulged Disc with annular tear, Chronic Pain and high anxiety.
I finally found a doctor that heard my complaints of my hips hurting after not being able to walk and was put in a wheelchair my doctor decided to do more x-rays and ct scans and Mri's that my pain management doctor had done and could not find any correlation with my complaints of having pain. Well a week later I received a call from my primarty doctor's nurse and she informed me they found the source of pain in my hip. It was Avascular Necrosis. I was sent to a Orthopedic Surgeon who is well know in the phoenix area and was told that Core Decompression of the left hip would be the answer. I went ahead with the Core Decompression of my left hip. I had horrendous pain for weeks following the surgery and swelling of my feet which I never had before. Now I am on week 8 and still can't put full weight on my leg that I had the hip Core Decompression surgery on. I saw Orthopedic Surgeon just last week and he said the xray looked good but it would take a year to know if the Core Decompression surgery worked. I am still suffering from pain and can not put full weight on my leg. I am having pain behind my thigh now almost like nerve pain and have the worst swelling on both feet now. The swelling is from the ankles to my feet they get so big they look like blow fish. I explained this to my surgeon but unfortunately I didnt have the swelling when I went in that day and I wish I did just so he could see what I am talking about. The swelling starts around 5 in the evening. I am on steroid use for my addisons disease but was told that the usage im on is not enough to cause the Avascular Necrosis. I am unsure where I got the Avascular Necrosis for I do not drink and never have and by what I have read drinking can be a major factor in having AVN. . Can anyone help me in any of the questions I am asking about.
I know I have given a lot of information but am hoping someone out there can help me clairfy some of these questions I am seeking in hopes to direct me in the correct direction to where to go from here. I am in pain 24/7 and hate taking pain medication but at this point I have no choice but to take the medication to keep me going. Any help would be appreciated. God Bless and thank you in advance.

Last edited by kanelizard; 11-02-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error and needed to add more information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
chronic back pain, hip bone graft, swelling