It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
Veteran

rach12 HB User
kierrasmommy

Hey I wanted to say congrats to you!! I am sorry about the previous misscarriage you had and I hope all goes well with this one. I have never had a misscarriage before but I am very anxious for these 12 weeks to be done with too. I am currently 8 weeks 3 days. My first appt is 19 January. How many weeks are you? I know us that were ttc have everyday marked on some calendar. haha Well congrats again and a happy healthy 9 months to us both.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Veteran

rach12 HB User
Re: kierrasmommy

bump######

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Sorry Rach, I didn't see this post sooner. Thanks for the congrats. How are you feeling, fill me in on what you've been feeling and when it started so I can have an idea what to expect and when. I don't remember alot with Kierra, it was 3 years ago. I think my symptoms started a bit later, because I remember being in denial for a couple weeks because I just didn't FEEL pregnant, much like right now, other than the sore BBs I don't have anything else. I almost wish I had more symptoms to help reassure me. I remember with Kierra I had super sensitive nipples the shower water hurt...like a pressure washer, but I haven't had that yet, not sure if breastfeeding her toughened them up so this time I won't have that at all, but I am thinking it may have started a bit later with her so I may still get it. Well, talk to you soon. P.S my first appointment is January 3rd.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #4
Veteran

rach12 HB User

Hey I am doing okay. It is hard to eat much of anything more than once unless it is really plain. I have been the pickiest eater in the world. It did not start until 6.5 weeks and then bamm. haha
intense hunger too. boy when I get hungry I had better eat and soon. My boobs were the 1st sign for me they are still growing but not as sore but my nipples now are getting sore. hahaha I just want to get to my fist exam to hear the heartbeat and my second trimester. I am 10 weeks on Friday. Have you figured out your due date or are you going to let the doc do it. I did mine online and the dates matched at my first dr. visit but they only did med history and nothing of a exam. That will be on the 19th. yipppie.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I did the online thing too and should be due August 31st...the exact same due date I had with Kierra...to the day! I figure my Dr appointment on Monday will be the same idea..medical history and such. I have to actually see my GYN that day first because I am not going with the same OB I had last time, I lucked out and the OB I want is my GYN's partner in the same office so I automatically get referred but he needs to see me first to refer me, he used to be an OB as well (delivered all 3 of my sisters kids) so I'm not worried, he is very thorough, I kinda wish he still delivered. But I really like the other OB, I saw her 2 times when I went to the hospital with preterm labor with Kierra, and a friend of mine had her and loved her so I'm sure I will too.
Did you have a blood HCG count done? And if yes, how far along were you and what was your count #? I think I may post a thread about this. With Kierra I was about 4 weeks (according to the Dr's calculations but I think 7-8 weeks my calculations) and my count was 54, with the second pregnancy (miscarriage) at about 4 weeks it was 12, with this one at about 3 1/2 weeks it was 107. I like the higher # but am wondering if that is normal, or maybe there are more than one beans in there. I doubt it though, they say multiples are only passed down if it is on your mothers side. And I think I would be having more intense symptoms if I were. I have multiples on my dad's side (my dad is a twin and my grandma had 2 other sets of twins and one set of triplets, then the rest were singletons...17 kids total) My mom said there may have been one set of twins way way way back but she wasn't sure. Well, I should go talk to you later. Take care.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Kierrasmommy - Check out the post "How to have twins" in the pregnancy board. There seems to be a controversy over whether or not the "twin gene" is passed down from the mother's side. It may be passed down from the father's side. So you may be at great odds of having more than one in there!

~L~

Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Thanks Laura, I'll go check it out right now.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

OMG TWINS!!! well keep us updated, could be that its just high right? Good luck

Old 12-29-2004, 08:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I am not holding my breath, I honestly doubt I am but more or less curious...but from that post Laura recommended, I guess it is possible after all...all the twins and triplets my grandma had were fraternal which means my grandma released 2 - 3 eggs during the cycles she conceived multiples. That gene can be passed down to me through my father increasing the chances of me also releasing multiple eggs and chances of having twins or triplets. Hmmm. I am going to have to do some more research. I will update everyone...geez, I'd be on here so quick!

Old 12-29-2004, 09:17 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good luck, i suppose they will only be able to tell you when you have an u/s. Have you got a date for this yet?

Closed Thread