It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
(female)

bikechic HB User
Miscarriage but still pregnant?

I found out 7/21 I was pregnant. This whole thing has been weird. I had several negative tests, 2 in the dr office. The last one in the office was 7/19 and negative. I started bleeding later that day and thought nothing of it since it was time for me to start anyway. I notice though, that it did not look lik a normal period. it was brown ang getting lighter. By that Thursday it had stopped. I still had felling that I was pregnant so I to another test and it came out positive. I called my OB and they got me in right away to check me out. Had blood work done every other day and things were going up. I had blood work on Weds 7/27 in which it went up to 423 like it should. The nest day (Thurs) I woke up and went to the bathroom. When I wiped it was bright red. No pain and stopped not long after. There were pieces of stuff coming out when I urinate, but nothing hughe of grayish. I got in touch with my dr and said to come in Fri as planned for more blood work. I did and right after that I started bleeding red again, but it stopped. I had to wait all weekend to hear the results. Tha Saturday I also had a bout of darker red blood. Monday they called and told me my levels went down to 289 and I was in the process of miscarrying and to follow up that Friday to make sure levels are going down like they should. So I went last friday. Tolda they call me with the results and my HCG levels went back up to 500 something! Has anyone heard of something like this happening before? I hate to get my hopes up, but even the OB Nurse seems baffeled. I guess it could have been a twin possibly? I don't understand why my levels would go down and pop back up? I am going back tomorrow and have and US for Weds. I am so curious this is going to kill me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
(female)

bella1967 HB User
Re: Miscarriage but still pregnant?

Something similiar happened to me. Same kind of symptons, the doctor tested my HCG levels and they were still going up, but not enough for a normal pregnancy. What was explained to me is that the placenta produces some of the hormone...I hope for you you are still pregnant and everything is ok.

Bella

Old 08-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

I hope they are able to give you some answers after the ultrasound. Please keep us posted! Good luck to you!!

Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 AM   #4
(female)

alwaysmarta HB User
Thumbs down Re: Miscarriage but still pregnant?

Talk about the ups and downs....i hope your okay i wish you the best....

Old 10-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

I am new to the boards and just checking out the older posts, I am curious what happened with your pregnancy.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

3munchkins HB User

Hi im new here also and i was wondering how did your pregnancy go? Is everything ok?
Gianna

Last edited by moderator2; 11-09-2005 at 05:39 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Closed Thread