It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #1

QTgirl HB User
Doc cant find baby heartbeat

Hello everyone, I just came from a clinic with my big sister whose on bedrest (six months pregnant). Apparently the doctor is saying that they cant find the baby's heartbeat. Her last doctors visit was this Wednesday and she told me the baby kicked and everything. She does have preeclamsia and her blood pressure was very high (i believe 220/??) Her regular doc gave her medication to take and her pressure has gone down-but he recommended her to the doctor at this clinic. Now she has to go to the hospital for 1pm and Im still wondering why not sooner...but she said the doctor called the hospital herself and thats the only appointment they can give for the sonogram. I am going in with her today and I really dont know what to say or do if something goes wrong... I just really want the baby to be okay but I am scared that its not. Just wanted to vent, thanks for listening.

Last edited by QTgirl; 09-02-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #2
(female)

Llesaroo HB User
Re: Doc cant find baby heartbeat

Even though it's hard to imagine that something could be wrong with the baby, your sister is more important right now. Just be supportive and understand that they may have to take the baby in order to save your sister too. These are the hardest to deal with, but with lots of love and support everyone can pull through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

Lesaroo is right. You're sister's health is very important here. A blood pressure reading above 150 over 100 is considered high. Given that hers was 220 over whatever is extrememely high. Preeclampsyia is a very very serious condiiton. It can not only cause the baby to die, but the mother as well. I'm glad she was headed to the hospital. I hope and pray for them both...and for you .....to be able to support your sister in the emotional capacity she'll need from you. Take care......we're here if you need us.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #4

QTgirl HB User

Update: Thanks for the kind words. Its 3:13pm right now and my sister has been in the hospital since 12pm and can you believe NOONE has seen her yet! They are just giving her the runaround. This is making me extremely angry. Apparently they did a sonogram and they dont want to tell her anything. The told her to go to Labor & delivery and a radiologist will explain everything--and now they are telling her to go to her doctors office. They paged her doctor who is a private doctor-and he aint there yet for some reason. And so now they dont even know whats going on. I am assuming that the baby is gone. And I am praying that my sister is going to be okay. We are going to the hospital to get answers as to whats going on-and why hasnt someone seen her as of yet.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

i was just wondering what you found out from the dr?

Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #6

QTgirl HB User

Hello. My sister had to go back home on that day because they said there wasnt any room for her. We were able to get her in for saturday (9/3) and after twelve hours and two separate drugs to induce labor (she scared me because she had bad chills) a beautiful baby girl was delivered at 1 lb 4 oz. Her funeral will be today. I overheard the doc talking about her placenta and how it was twice the size-and they had to run several test on my sis. I have not heard any details on what took her life, my mom believes that its all the medicine my sister was prescribed. I just know that her blood pressure was too high and that can never lead to any good. I wish so badly that somehow when her pressure was first checked--that mayb they couldve taken out the baby & they would be alive. But I know things happen for a reason, God had other plans in store.

Last edited by QTgirl; 09-08-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Closed Thread