It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
(female)

befer70 HB User
Question How long to wait ttc after a miscarriage?

Hello lovely ladies!
I generally wanted to throw this question out there to see what others of you are experiencing. I was wondering how long did you wait ttc after your miscarriage, how long did it take for you to get pregnant, and were you able to have a healthy pregnancy and baby?
My heart wants to jump right back in, (I m/c only two weeks ago and a/f has not shown up yet) maybe after a month or so, but my mind is saying "darling, just wait a bit to be sure your body is ready!" My hormone levels are back to normal and I actually think I ovulated again...But what if I'm waiting 3 or more months only to have another m/c? I know there is not guarantee for anything, but I'm just thinking that if I m/c again I'd rather do it sooner than later... if you know what I mean. I'm turning 36 in April and I feel so old Our original plan was to wait at least until I've had 2 a/f's.
I love these message boards and to all of you, thank you SOOOO much!You've helped me tremendously with advice, whether it was for me personally, or reading an advice to someone else!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
(female)

shining_star HB User
Re: How long to wait ttc after a miscarriage?

Hi Befer how are you doing?? - this is a great question -
I am a little concerned as my nipples are still sorta aching and some food today tasted "weird"

Deep down I feel exactly the same as you - i wanna jump right in and be pg again - my heart says maybe this time will be successful.
My head says that I have to go through with the test to find out why i'm m/c'ing so often. But what happens if i fall pg between now and then - as we are having unprotected sex and want it that way.

I'm 34 and would prefer to fall pg this side of 35 and who know might even have twins, as they are in my family. We would like to have three or four children including my 9 y/o DS.

You know life is pretty amazing because before I m/c'd for the first time, I would have thought I'd be the one to have lot's of kids. I've always dreamed of a house full as children bring love and joy and the house would be full of love and noise...bliss.
~Good luck~ let me know how it goes, and I'll keep you posted as well. I would not have gotten through last week without these boards they kept my sanity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi beefer
sorry for your recent loss . i m/c my first pg at 6 weeks, i waited to have one af (waited 31 days for it) then started ttc again we bd almost everyday that month and i got a bfp. interestingly the first time i was pg i also got bfp first time of trying so i guess trying to get a bfp was not the problem. perhaps it also says fertility is not always linked to m/c risk either. i am now 24 weeks pg and all has been well except for exhaustion and nausea plaguing me, i had none of this the first pg but got it from before af was due this pg. i had a few more scans than normal as everytime i asked the doc about an ache she sent me for a u/s to make sure all is well. I also worried more this pg about another m/c but my dh was a rock of positivity i think he is wonderful for that. I wish you best of luck for bfp sending you all sticky baby dust **********.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

sgc123 HB User

I miscarried on Oct. 17th. I stopped bleeding on Oct. 21st. My dr. told me that we didn't have to wait at all to TTC because I had a natural miscarriage, but I wanted to wait one normal AF. It has been six weeks and no sign of AF. I am having some pregnancy symptoms- sore breasts, morning nausea, fatigue. I don't know if my body is just playing tricks on me or I really am pregnant again. I am too scared to do a HPT. I have heard some people say that if you don't wait one AF then your chances of miscarrying again are higher. I don't know if that is true. I definitely wanted to wait longer before TTC for emotional reasons, but if I am pregnant, I will just have to deal with it emotionally somehow. I think that three months is a long time to wait, but I think everybody is different. It is all about when you are ready physically and emotionally. All doctors seem to be different at what they recommend and even they don't know what is the right answer. I would do what seems right to you, although waiting for one AF seems valid.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

I was told to wait 1-3 cycles but my dr told me to wait until your emotionally ready. He told me that my body would be ready anytime I was emotionally ready. That even if we didnt wait there wasnt a higher chance of me m.c again.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
(female)

befer70 HB User

Thank you all soooo much! It really helps me to hear how other women/couples deal with this situation!
Shining Star: I too had an aversion to certain smells for a whileafter my m/c, but all other pregnancy signs went away pretty much right away. Now I understand what it feels like when they say you feel empty...thank you for your kind words, and I hope you will get a bfp real soon!!
Weepyone: I will take you as a good example that it can work! I feel for you when you say that you're so concerned with every cramping, and you should make your doc check you out! Good for you! It is wonderful that your DH is supporting you so much! My DH is totally the same. He says, that the next time around, we'll probably be even more conscious about it than the first time around! Poor honey, doesn't really know at all what is going on with my body...thank you for all that sticky baby dust! I'll keep it in a safe place and will use it when the time is right!
sgc: I too, am so sorry to hear about your m/c! Like yours, mine was natural, the body just totally took care of herself! An amazing thing, when you stop for a moment to think about it! Wow! So no A/F yet for you? Well according to all those signs you are having, you might well be pg again, honey! And if that's the case then I will take that babydust out of that safe place and blow it in your direction right away!!! All I can say is POSITIVE THINKING can do wonders!! And bless you for being so fertile!!! Keep us all posted on how it's going, OK? Good luck to you!
Chysmom: that's exactly what my doctor told me as well! The thing with the 'emotionally ready' part is, I think I'm ready to go for it again, feel really ready, and as soon as I hear I m/c again or something else is wrong, my emotional readiness is gone, you know what I mean? But it is reassuring to hear that even though we m/c'd, the possibilities of it happening to us again are low! Thank you also for all your kind words and support!

My DH and I will go to a sweat lodge for New Years! I went last year for the first time and even though it was tough, I loved it! I think, I could use a good cleansing of the body, mind and soul, now even more so than ever! And after that, we'll probably start bd again! New year, clean body, refreshed mind, what could possibly go wrong?
I'll be checking in over the holidays, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you ladies again one more time! Bless you all, the best of luck and enough babydust to all of us! YAY!
B.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

Befer
Yes I know what you mean. I was sure I was "emotionally ready" after I m.c to get pg right away not even wait, but after a while thinking about how I would feel as in I would be so worried every little cramp or such that it wasnt wroth me being so stressed if I did get pg right away. So we waited unitl Af and now I feel like I can do it. That I wont worry so much. As soon as you feel like your ready go for it. If it takes you a while that is fine if not that is fine also! Good luck!

Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #8
(female)

smurfett HB User

I had a miscarriage july 2005, and was absolutely devastated. My doctor told me that it was perfectly fine to start trying as soon as the bleeding stopped and my hormone level was back to normal. I got pregnant the first part of september 2005. I know have a perfectly healthy baby boy born this june. I had no problems at all with that pregnancy other than the normal.(nausea,fatigue).So i guess with my experience I would go with my doctors advice-As soon as your ready after your hormone level is normal again. I really hope this helped.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

I had a miscarriage on November 10th, but mine was termed a "missed abortion." I know that's just the medical term for it, but it just sounds so ugly. The doctor said we could try after two cycles, but I'm sure how many I've had since then. I know I'm having one now, but a week after the d&c, I started bleeding for about 5 days, which is my usual length. By the time I got home from the surgery, I had quit bleeding. I'm not sure what to do now. The anniversary of my son's stillbirth is coming up, and I so wanted to be pregnant when it came or at least trying.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #10
(female)

scottishbride HB User

Hi there,
I miscarried at 5 weeks (natural miscarriage). My dr. told me to wait until I had one normal cycle and then I could try again. My next cycle started exactly one month from the day I miscarried. We haven't tried to get pregnant since then. Sorry, I'm not much help!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #11
(female)

befer70 HB User

hey ladies,
just wanted to let you know that I had a perfectly normal period around the 11th, which was a bit sooner than my regular cycles, but hey, I was happy!! the sooner periods start up again the sooner I can starty ttc again, right? my m/c was a natural one also and my hormone levels came down nicely. I know I could probably try again now already, but dh and I said we were going to wait until Jan. thanks for all your replies, they really helped!! and good luck to you all with your (future) pregnancies! my wish for the new year is nothing but healthy babies on this earth!!
have a wonderful holiday season you all! Much love, B.

Closed Thread