It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

gretchie35 HB User
my hopes failed..my baby passed at ten weeks...couldn't believe what i was seeing

Well I really hate that I have to post this...I would have been ten weeks thursday...My first concern came when at my ten weeks I started to have brown blood spots...This past tuesday, then on wednesday started passing little red brown chips...I started praying to the lord like I have never prayed before..That is when my hopes all went down I knew I was starting to miscarry...My doctor made an appointment yesterday at 3:20...As soon as she put the ultrasound on I saw no heartbeat...She looked at every angle..I yelled out I know you don't see a heartbeat...My eight week five day checkup went so well..They baby grew from five weeks and the heart was strong...Then now as I was seeing the baby grow even more, but just had no heartbeat...That was really hard to take...She told me that there was nothing I did to harm the pregnancy, stress she said is a myth...That miscarriage's happen from the chromosomes not forming right which leads the baby to abort itself... I told her I really want a dnc..I didn't want to see what was going to pass, since I had a previous miscarriage at six weeks it was aweful then...But a part of me wanted it to pass naturally...As it did last night at 1am...I got up to start having the cramps sat on the toilet to feel like a clot just passed...I got up to look down to see the placenta (which I knew it was because they say it is grey) then right next to it..I couldn't believe my eyes..Two little blue eyes looking at me...I said that can't be the baby that small...Two inches long...I ran to my bed to get my husband to look, at first he said he didn't want to see then he did..I couldn't stand the fact of flushing my baby after seeing those eyes...I took the baby out of the toilet..Put the baby in a cup, when all the features starting pointing out at me...The baby's little eyes, nose, mouth...The baby's little arm's fingers..The baby's little legs toes...And for what I could see the genital's looked like I was going to be having another boy..I did not want to flush my baby down the toilet...I told my husband lets go bury the baby somewhere special....My husband came over to look as we both broke down and cried...Why Lord did this have to happen, I tell myself I don't understand the reasons why, as I know the lord as his own reason's..But in time I will understand....As this can only make my husband and I stronger...I can only say the lord did let me see my baby, which I am grateful for since I was going to have an appointment for a dnc on monday...The lord at least answered that prayer for me...I wanted the baby to pass last night as the baby did..
I wanted to post this to just tell mommies to be if you see any signs of blood take it as a caution sign right a way...They say brown blood is safe..But for me the colors went from brown to pinkish to red blood the day I miscarried..The hardest thing I have ever had to deal with I have to say was this..This was our baby HOPE our little angel to watch over us for our new pregnancy to come....

Last edited by gretchie35; 02-24-2006 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User
Re: my hopes failed..my baby passed at ten weeks...couldn't believe what i was seeing

I just want to say to you that I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I have been through a m/c, but I never had to see it. I could not imagine the pain you must be going through.

I am praying for you and your DH.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

amlve HB User
Re: my hopes failed..my baby passed at ten weeks...couldn't believe what i was seeing

I honestly dont know what to say. I have been there before having a miscarriage at 10.5 weeks. I also lost my first child at 2.5 yrs old. Theres no feeling like that for a mother. Its an awful feeling. You must know that everything happens for a reason, its all in Gods plan. Again I am very sorry. I will keep you and DH in my prayers. Take care.

Heather

Old 02-24-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

I am so sorry about your loss. I can't imagine what it must have been like. You are a very strong women. I don't think I could have handled it. I am balling my eyes out reading your story. As I sit here crying I said a prayer for you. God will give you stregenth. I will keep you and DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

gretchie i am so sorry to har your story. i too had a previous m/c and remember praying so badly that all would be well when really i knew i was having a m/c. my m/c was only light bleeding some of it brown and it took a day or so to cramp badly but only for a short while before i passed red stringy clots. i think it is importnat to know we can't tell from looking at the colour of blood whether it is a m/c or not. i guess it not normal to bleed in pg it is a sign something is wrong even if it does not mean m/c. therefore all women who bleed when pg should get checked out asap. i wish you well for the future and send you and your family lots of hugs at this sad time.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
(female)

Angellica HB User

I am so sorry that this had to happen to you. Things do happen for
a reason and I am sure that it is in God's control.

I too, have been spotting since about the 5th week and at 9 weeks
I had an ultrasound and they diagnosed the bleeding as a subchorionic hemmorage -SCH. I had this with my 1st pregnancy and it is really
scary. Any bleeding is worrisome. I am scheduled for an ultrasound this
Monday and the following Monday because they want to want to
monitor the baby and the hemmorage.

The questions that I have is, did you just start bleeding all of a
sudden or has it been over a progression of weeks?

I have not had any cramping, but I am just worried about
going to the next ultrasound.

Take Care,
Angellica

Old 02-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
(female)

gretchie35 HB User

Hey Angelica..I first started spotting on tuesday which was light brown spots on the underwear..then it stopped..then started again..very light..then wednesday i wiped to found brown blood on the tissue that happened twice..that night was when i went pee to see things pass like little brown chiplets...that is when i knew hope for the baby being alive was slim...then thursday i had pinkish brown blood when i wiped then it stopped again...later that day is when i had the confirmation of my worse fears being true..there was no heartbeat...that night is when the blood red started the very bad cramping to follow the baby coming out..after the baby passed and the placenta which is grey then the sac passed and then all the clots started passing each bad cramp i had..it was very scary i thought i had nothing to worry about either..after them telling me blood is fine with pregnancy...so you may say it started on tuesday to end on thursday hope this helps your question you had.. gretch

Old 02-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
(female)

shamrockcb HB User

Gretchie, I was so heartbroken when I read the news today about your loss. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. This may sound strange, but after reading your post yesterday I even thought of you at 3:30 when you had your appt. I have been bleeding/spotting on and off since the beginning of my pregnancy so I was pulling so hard for u!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and hopefully you can get through this difficult time. Thanks for posting an update, I was wondering how things are going.

Hang in there

Old 02-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Stand Tall

You are stronger than you think-remember to stand tall.

Every challenge in your life helps you to grow.

Every problem you encounter strengthens your mind and your soul.

Every trouble you overcome increases your understanding of life.

When all your troubles weigh heavily on your shoulders,

remember that beneath the burden you can stand tall,

because you are never given more than you can handle-

and you are stronger than you think.

I, as well as many others I'm sure cried while reading your post. I was always worried about a m/c and what I would "see" if I would have one at home and that far along. I can't believe what God puts some of us through but I guess he has a plan. Stay strong and remember you are not alone, ever.

You're in my prayers and thoughts always.

Dawn

Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I know it is a very difficult time for you right now and that your sweet baby will always have a special place in your heart. I m/c my 1st pg at 8 weeks but was lucky enough to have a dnc. I know that life often seems unfair but keep your head up and have faith that things will work out. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Best wishes.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #11

a_FoRgOtTeN_sOuL HB User

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It will take time to heal, but I hope all is well in the end.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
(female)

angel^face^2006 HB User
Unhappy Re: my hopes failed..my baby passed at ten weeks...couldn't believe what i was seeing

i cant imagine the pain you must be in and i cant believe what i just read i felt all cold all over me im praying for you so much i have never lost a child and would never want it to happen has this is my third pregnancy but my mom has she lost 11 kids 5 sons and 6 girls and i watched her go through it my heart goes out to you really it does i feel so sad why do they take the good and leave the rotters thinking of you always donna XXXXXXXXXX at this sad time

Old 02-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #13
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. I cried reading it, and even now writing this short note. I pray you can find the strength to move forward from this. Take Care!!

Angie

Old 02-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Your story has put a heaviness in my heart - I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Just to say that i am so sorry for your loss, your story made me cry and im sure many others too, my thoughts are with you and your family, take care now.

May your angel watch over you and protect you
<<<HUGS>>> Sammie

Last edited by sammieP; 02-28-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Closed Thread