It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #1

hellokitty876 HB User
Question 1st period after miscarriage.. normal??

I just started my first period after my miscarriage. Last Monday, February 27, was my last bloodwork that showed my numbers were below 10. I have been told that it sometimes takes 4 weeks or longer before you get your first period after a miscarriage. I am having mine now. I am not that worried because I really think everything is perfectly normal because my doctor has reassured me of that. I am just curious if there is anybody else who got their first period so fast. Did anybody else start their period this quick after their numbers dropped??

Thanks everybody!!

Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
(female)

jmkeefe001 HB User
Re: 1st period after miscarriage.. normal??

I've been on Yasmin since my D&E for a missed miscariage. I'm on day FOUR of inactive pills with no period in sight so I've the opposite problem I'm afraid. Sorry I'm no help. :-(

(This might double post - I'm having some problems posting on this site today)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bricely HB User

I had a misscarriage on dec 06, had my period for about two weeks then it stopped, but after 3 weeks my period started yesterday very light couldn't really tell unless i went to the restroom and cleaned myself but this morning it started very heavy some cramping, but very heavy. i hope its normal so yes hellokitty it is possible to get your period right away

Old 02-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
(female)

tatormc HB User
Question Re: 1st period after miscarriage.. normal??

I had a miscarriage and D&C in December. I began spotting the beginning of January and this went on for 15 days. Spotting stopped for 10 days and then started again for 5. It's now mid February and I've not had another period. Is this something I should see a dr about or is my body just getting back to normal?

Old 02-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
(female)

hopefullone HB User

I'm so sorry about everyone's losses. I wish you all the best but know it isn't easy sometimes to keep a positive outlook.
As for periods being all wacky, I'm in the same boat. I had a D&C in December '06 for a missed miscarriage (at 11 weeks) and got my period exactly 28 days after the surgery. The doctor said to wait 2-3 periods before trying to conceive again, so I'm now eagerly awaiting my second period. I'm on day 31 without it and feel as if I have no signs of it coming either. Anyone have any experience, input?? I really thought I'd be on time since I got my first one right on schedule.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
(female)

toscaspup HB User

I had a missed miscarriage last summer and my period arrived 40 days after the d & c. I had a lot of complications after that d & c, which may be why it was so long after. The next cycle was 30 days, and the next was 34. I am usally very regular, but things get very messed up cycle-wise afterwards.

I just had another missed miscarriage and am currently 9 days after the d & c. No sign of my period as of yet.

Closed Thread