It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

deadsy HB User
how long until period comes?

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how long it could take to get your period after a miscarriage. I didn't have a D&C... just let everything happen naturally. My bleeding/spotting stopped two days ago.. and I am starting to feel pretty normal physically. I am hoping that my period will come four weeks after my miscarriage date, as I am really anxious to try again... but is the norm more like 6 weeks? I really hope not. My midwife told my husband and I to wait until we at least have one normal period to try again... if I were to get pregnant before that, would it be a problem? She told us to use condoms in the mean time, or go on birth control. DH and I don't want to do either of them... so I am just going to try not to have sex within ovulation time... but if I do get pregnant by chance, I would be happy!
Sorry, I kind of got off topic there... if anyone has anything to offer about this, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Linsey

Old 04-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
(female)

justpeach HB User
Re: how long until period comes?

Deadsy~ from all the posts i've read, everyone seems to be consistent with saying 4-6wks after m/c for you cycle to return. I'm actually excited for AF to show up for a change, imagine that . I'm ready to get that test done & start TTC again!!!

Best wishes to everyone!

~Peach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
(female)

deadsy HB User

Hehe, I feel the same!!!

Today I started spotting... I don't know if this could be my period coming on so soon? I stopped spotting on Monday so I thought I was done all together. This time it looks like new blood... I am so confused. Does this sound normal??

Linsey

Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

susanna_29 HB User

4-6 weeks is normal. If you don't get it by this time frame, call your doctor and let her know.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #5

mum2be HB User

my first cycle actually came only 2 weeks after my mc ended (so 4 weeks from when the MC started) my second cycle came today (29 days after last cycle ended)

Old 04-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
(female)

jcarpenter HB User

hello,
i dont know about how long until af after m/c since i just m/c
but as for ttc again, my doc said that getting pregnant before your first regular af could cause or at least gives a higher chance of another m/c. she told us the same thing about the condoms or birth control and i know exactly what you mean about not wanting to do either, just wanting to try again, i feel the same way!

Old 04-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

It took me 7 1/2 weeks to get my period after I miscarried. It felt like an eternity! I too was told that if you get pregnant right after, you have a higher chance of having a miscarriage. This July it will be one year since my miscarriage and I have yet to be able to get pregnant again
cmarie

Last edited by cmarie313; 05-10-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
(female)

Mysticat13 HB User

I had my miscarriage (at 13 weeks) 22 days ago. I had to have an emergency D&C so I have had a heck of a time. First week major cramps and bleeding. Second week milder cramps and red spotting then it varied depending on the amount of exercise I do can be nothing for couple of days, brown spotting or red/dryish bleeding. I am so tired of it already! I hope you are starting to regulate. I am hopefull mine will end soon! Any advice out there for this too?
My mother-in-law waas a nurse and said bleeding after my type of trama could last up to 6 weeks. Wish me luck! But most places say to wait 1-3 cycles. I do know of a woman who got pregnant without even having a cycle in between and had a healthy boy!
Mysti

Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #9
(female)

eadams20 HB User
Arrow Re: how long until period comes?

It has been 8 weeks today for me.. and still no cycle. I don't even have any signs of a cycle.. no spotting, cramping or anything... I really wish it would start so get back to trying

Old 05-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
(female)

justpeach HB User

I started spotting yesterday & AF come on with full force today. So it took about 4wks from the last day I bled from my m/c til now.
Ugh..wish i didn't have to work today, i just want to crawl on the couch with a heating pad & BIG bottle of pain relievers......

BUT I am so glad AF is here so now I can set up the appt for my HSG testing...

Last edited by justpeach; 05-10-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #11
(female)

deadsy HB User

hahaha!! How funny Peach... I JUST posted on your thread asking if your AF has showed yet!! I am very happy to hear that it came so soon for you... this is great news! I am hoping for the same. Tomorrow will be four weeks since I miscarried... I am hoping that AF will come soon for me.
Good luck with everything!!

Linsey

Old 05-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #12
(female)

DDB HB User

Just got my first one - almost 5 weeks after D&C. I've been dreading how painful I think it's going to be (my regular periods were pretty bad) but I'm kind of glad it's here now so I can just get it over with.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
(female)

deadsy HB User

DDB~ good to hear AF came so soon. Just under 5 weeks is not bad. I am at 4 week from the miscarriage today. No signs of AF yet, although I've had a little cramping here and there. I am dreaing the pain as well.. but like you, I also just want to get it over with so we can start trying again. I think waiting one period will be enough, and my midwife says there is really no reason to wait as long as I feel up to it now. So hopefully I will be seeing you girls on the TTC board soon! Take care!

linsey

Old 05-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
(female)

eadams20 HB User

Mine started last night.. at 8 weeks 2 days since the D and C and it isn't too bad I don't have any cramps yet just a slight head ache! I am shocked that it is so calm

Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
(female)

DDB HB User

I got my first one Thursday, just had spotting that first day, then a bit heavier with some cramping (but not too bad) Friday and Saturday and by Sunday it was just light spotting and completely gone today. Normally my periods are very heavy and lots of cramping and I thought this one would be really bad too. So far it's been much better than normal! Not sure if that's it or if it's going to come back with a vengence. Really hoping it's done!

Closed Thread