It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

lobochick946 HB User
Exclamation miscarriage and not even know it?

Is it possible to have a miscarriage and not have even know that you had been pregnant in the first place? I'm asking because this months cycle has been starang for me. First of all, I'm on the Ortho Evra patch, and my first patch of this month kept un-sticking like half ways, and i would have to keep sticking it back on. I had sex the first day i put my new patch on. During my 2nd patch week i started spotting (brownish color), that lasted for a few days. During the 3rd patch week there was no spotting. So now i'm on my patch free week and my nipples were feeling really sensitive, and my period is really heavy and clumpy, i'm also having cramps that are a little worse than normal. So is it possible that i could have had an early miscarriage before i even knew that i could have been pregnant? Do you have to go to the doctor if you have a miscarriage? Someone please reply because i dont know what to think/do.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
(female)

lobochick946 HB User
Re: miscarriage and not even know it?

Is that a dumb question or what? Why hasnt anyone responded?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #3
(female)

justpeach HB User

I really don't know much about the ortho evra patch. What I do know is there is a chance you can become pregnant on the pill, so I would assume the same would be for the patch. It would also be of some concern that the patch is not adhering to your body...seems it would make it weaker?? I'm not a medical expert though . I would definately contact your dr with your concerns & let him/her know that the patch is not sticking & ask whether or not this could increase your chances of getting pregnant.

Sorry, not much help.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #4
(female)

lobochick946 HB User

Well i just want to know if its possible to have a miscarriage with in the first month of pregnancy. Would you get your period around normal time and it just be much heavier than usual?

Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #5
(female)

DDB HB User

Yes, it's definitely possible to have a miscarriage within the first month of pregnancy. I believe this would be called a chemical pregnancy. One website I found said that chemical pregnancies were very common - "50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant." Another site I found indicated that "The bleeding experienced [after a chemical pregnancy] often resembles a heavier menstrual period, perhaps with some small blood clots, and possibly some cramping." So it is possible that that is what occurred with you. Do a search for chemical pregnancy to find out more info. I am not sure if there is anything you would need to do in terms of seeing a doctor, but perhaps if you call the doctor's office, they can advise you. Hope that helps a bit.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
(female)

befer70 HB User

yes, miscarriages can happen early into the pregnancy, without you even knowing of ever having been pregnant. and i would assume your period would be a little heavier than normal and could be right around your actual period or later.
my question to you is, how long have you been on the patch for? because if you've just started it a few months ago, it could be that your cycles could be still off a little. sometimes it takes quite a while for the body to adjust. i'd never tried it myself but i had to switch to different bc for a while because i kept getting headaches, and my cycle was screwed up for quite a while.

did you use any other birthcontrol besides the patch when you had sex? maybe it would be good to use a back up, if you feel like it's not sticking to your skin the way it should. i wouldn't trust it if it came half off my body!

lots of women have miscarriages without knowing, and they go about their business and all is fine. when i had my miscarriage at 6 weeks i was scared and demanded my ob took a look at me. but they would have just monitored my hormone levels otherwise. i just wanted to make sure all had come out. but since it happened so early on with you (if you indeed had a m/c), i would thing you would just check your cycle again next time to see if everything is back to normal. however, if you get heavy bleeding with or without cramping, i'd definitely go see your doc.

hope this helped. good luck.

B.

Closed Thread