It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
(female)

bondgrll HB User
WOW! Listen to this...

I think I am in the twilight zone here. I miscarried (i was 8 weeks along) on Aug. 25....the bleeding lasted a couple of days. I am still testing positive 5 weeks later. two weeks ago my hcg was 39 and last thursday is was 23.....on Saturday I started bleeding somewhat and it has tapered off today....I still tested positive on HPT today so how in the world could I have gotten my period if I still have HCG? Any thoughts?

P.S Yes i have had unprotected sex with my DH....but i thought my hcg had to be back to zero before i got my period? Will have levels checked again Wed...a neighbor said that I may be pregnant again and that this was implantation bleeding? I would find that hard to believe....

Last edited by bondgrll; 09-25-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
Re: WOW! Listen to this...

Hi Bondgrll,
I am glad you are going to get you levels checked again tomorrow. I had a similar situation happen to me, although I knew I was not prego because we were being careful. I m/c July 12th at 8 wks, had a D&C.. I was still testing + 5 weeks later... had my hcg checked every week on Aug.11 my hcg was still at 20 & 6 days later I got my AF.
A Dr told me that I could not have my AF only 6 days after having hcg in my blood, but there was no doubt in my mind that it was. It looked like it, lasted as long as it should have & I did an OPK that month on on CD16 & sure enough was OV 16 days after AF & got it again on day 31 as I almost always do. Moral of that story is, our bodies are not always explained by science. I have come to learn that I have to read my own body sometimes rather than reading about it in a text book.
There is a chance you could be PG, so please check into it. Wishing you the best of luck.. and I am so sorry about your loss.
-Sweet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Sorry, I have no experience and no advice, but can't wait for your Wednesday results. Wouldn't it be something if you were already pg again! Keep us posted!

-believe

Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
(female)

bondgrll HB User

So, the HCG blood test came back at 13....still too high....he said I have an incomplete miscarriage as I started bleeding again the last couple days....more tissue passing. He said if it's not down to zero, it's D&C time. I was hoping to avoid that but he said the risks aren't worth it. I should have been at zero weeks ago. Thanks for listening...

Closed Thread