It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

emilypearlgirl HB User
One miscarriage or three?

I'm so confused. I had a miscarriage (6 weeks) on July 29.

In August, I had a feeling I was pregnant and two pregnancy tests confirmed I was. But then my period came. My cramps with this period were awful- just like my July 29 miscarriage.

I took a break from trying in September. Had a normal period. Then in October I had the same thing as August- Many pregnancy tests told me I was pregnant, then I had that awful, gut wrenching cramping again.

My doc is calling them "false positives". That terminology makes me feel like they weren't real, like I was crying wolf.

I'd like someone to say that I did in fact lose three pregnancies (or at least conceptions) and what to do to hope for the future. So confused!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User
Re: One miscarriage or three?

i also had a miscarriage in July, and was still testing positive weeks later, I hoped it meant I had conceived again but it was only that the hcg level had not returned to zero....I wasn't pg again and my period came back after 6 weeks. Now this is not to say you were the same, but maybe in August you were still testing positive from July? I would say as you had a period after that before your positive tests in October, it is likely you had an early m/c or a chemical pregnancy this month. Whenever ot however this happens, it feels awful and you have the right to grieve. Only you know in your heart how many pregnancies you want to grieve over, but even one is enough I know that. You don't need your Dr or anyone to validate those feelings, just give yourself time and ensure you are getting the support you need. Maybe you need a month or so 'off' to let your cycle regulate so you can avoid the confusion and know for definite next time? best wishes to you xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 05:20 AM   #3
(female)

emilypearlgirl HB User

Thanks for the posting.

I guess that in a nutshell I want my doc (and others) to say "this is a problem". I'm seeing him this week and I'm planning on telling him that that is all I want to hear. I don't want to hear statistics. I don't want to hear him say that the eggs were probably not developed. I don't want comforting, touchy feely words. I just want to hear him say "this is a problem."

So, yes, I do need validation.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Yes sweetie, in my opinion, you have definitely had 2 miscarriages, possibly 3 (I'm not sure your HCG level was zero yet in August.) They are identical to mine, and mine have been labeled "a problem." Mine are biochemical pregnancies, named that because I never make it far enough to see proof on ultrasound. My only proof is the HCG in my body. I received testing after 2 losses, maybe you can request testing now. If not, take a month or two off to make sure there would be no HCG in your system. THat way if it happens again, your doc would have no argument that it was a false positive. Good luck!

believe

Closed Thread