It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

Ava_31 HB User
hormone imbalance and miscarriage

I am just wondering if anyone has miscarried due to a hormonal imbalance, and if that was the cause how did you get yourself in balance. I had a miscarriage in March of this year, and they never did find a cause for it, but now I am going to get my hormones checked just to see before I get pregnant again. I am hoping they are in balance, but if they're not, then I was thinking of going to a herbalist. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #2
(female)

emilypearlgirl HB User
Re: hormone imbalance and miscarriage

I'm really sorry for your miscarriage. It's hard to start thinking about having another, isn't it?

I don't have any solid answers for you and it appears that obgyns have differing opinions. My doc isn't sure about hormone replacements, such as progesterone. However, I have had one miscarriage in July and since then I have had two false positive pregnancies (which I call two-week miscarriages). I'm probably going to be going through some lab work and asking my doc for progesterone. I'd love to hear what results you get with hormone or herbalist remedies.

In any case, I understand that while progesterone isn't always a sure thing, it's role in the health and quality of eggs as well as implantation is critical.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

icare2 HB User
Re: hormone imbalance and miscarriage

Hi. I just thought I would reply about the hormonal thing. I have a progesterone issue. (I actually have PCOS among other ossues) Anyways, my progesterone doesn't stay high enough to keep a pregnancy. I can get pregnant, but even with Progesterone supplements, it hasn't worked. ( I have miscarried twice) Since then, I have had surgery (due to other reasons) and multiple tests done. I am currently on Clomid. I just finished my first cycle, and I received a Novarel injection a few days ago. (it's the hcg hormone) It's supposed to keep my progesterone high. I will let you know how that goes. As far as progesterone supplements go, sometimes they work, but not for everyone. Good luck!

Closed Thread