It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User
Question What happens to your body after a miscarriage?

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could give me some info....I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks 6 days (16th dec) with no D & C. The doc at emerg and my family doc said let it all pass naturally. My doc is also sending me for an ultrasound on the 10th of Jan. But I have been feeling really weird lately and am just afraid that maybe it's an infection setting in because not everything was out. I have been feeling nauseous with migraines and just feeling off balance and just well....off. Hope this makes sense.
Anyways, if anyone has gone through this please let me know.
Hope everyone is good. Take care.

Flutter

Old 01-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User
Re: What happens to your body after a miscarriage?

Hi Flutter,

I have gone through a similar situation as well. I believed I miscarried on the 15th of December (I started bleeding then) and I am going in for an ultrasound on 1/10 as well. Perhaps you still have bit of the hormones in your body too? I do not know how far along I was when I miscarried because my last known period was 11/23. I have been feeling icky lately and have been getting bad headaches (migraines with aura) that I got in the latter part of my pregnancy with my dd. I attributed this to my hormones. I really hope that my levels have dropped. Last week they were in the 180s. Did you get your levels checked?

Anyway, I hoped to get some answers on Wednesday. I know what you are going......take care and let me know what happens on 1/10. I will do the same!

Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hi Rachel,
I am sorry to hear you are going through this as well. It's not easy. But that's great news that you have a little one already, although it doesn't make losing one any easier. My heart goes out to you.
I had my levels checked that day in the emerg, the first day of bleeding, the 16th of Dec. I was 6wks 6days and my levels were only 152. Apparently, the doc said they should be around 5000 for that far along. And I checked again with a pg test just to see if they had gone down below the recognizable levels (25 for a pg test) and yes they were because it was a negative pg test. I took that on the 30th of dec. So I don't know if it's hormones doing that. I just really hope it's not an infection setting in. But yes like you said, we will see come Wednesday.
I am definetly going to get my levels checked right away for my next pregnancy tho. Do the doctors do it if you have had a previous miscarriage or if you ask them to. I ask this because my doc didn't do a Beta test on me originally, it was only when I went to the emerg with cramps and bleeding. Did they tell you for sure it was a mc??
Anyways, thanks for replying Rachel, the best of luck to you and I hope your levels have dropped as well. Let me know how it goes with your ultrasound.
Good luck and take care.

Flutter

Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

Hi,

I was not told it was a miscarriage. I was only told "over the phone" that it does not appear to be a viable pregnancy at this time being that my levels were low. So, I was never examined when I notified my dr office of my bleeding--I was told to get a blood test then a subsequent one another 48 hours later. You weren't internally examined at the hospital? Anyone I'll let everyone know what's up on Wednesday....

Take care everyone!
Rachel

Old 01-09-2007, 04:57 AM   #5
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hey Rachel,

I was actually internally examined....both an internal as well as the doc checked the size of my uterus. He said at that point before he had done the bloodwork, that it was the right size for a pg at 6-7 weeks, and was intact....however then he said once the test came back with such a low number that it was early stages of a miscarriage. He also did tell me at the beginning that 50% of pgs bleed for no reason....so you never know with yours....could your numbers be low because it's earlier in your pg than previously thought??? Did you get the second test after the 48hrs?? Had the numbers doubled??
Well, you should know more tomorrow morning anyways. Here is hoping that you still have a chance. I am praying for you. I don't know why, but I am really nervous for this test....silly I know.
Anyways, have a great day and talk tomorrow!!!

Flutter

Old 01-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

I went in for an u/s today and the dr found a cyst on my right ovary. First concerned with it being an ectopic pregnancy. She is going to monitor me and my levels ---they dropped today to 85 from 186 on 1/3. I will get my blood checked on 1/15 again. So, I was relieved when I heard they had dropped! BUt, I don't like having this so called cyst?
I will be waiting about 3 cycles before ttc again so thanks for all your support ladies! Best wishes to you all.....

Rachel

Old 01-11-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User

Rachel, Just to let you know I am so relieved with that news. I with keep you in my thoughts and hope you will be TTC successfully again soon.

kel x

Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hey Rachel,
Sorry I didn't msg yesterday...busy busy busy.
Anyways, so glad to hear your levels are dropping. A sign that you will be pg again, I know we both will. Our little angels will look out for us! I'm sorry to hear there is a cyst, but from what I hear it isn't uncommon. And I believe it's treatable too.
My ultrasound went good. I haven't yet talked to my doctor tho, but I asked the tech about stuff and she said that it is all clear, nothing left at all so that was very relieving!! So I will call my doctor tomorrow coz I haven't heard anything back yet and see if I need to go in for a follow up appt. But she said that we can start right after a normal period so I guess we will.
Did your doctor say that you had to wait 3 months for a reason??? I'm just wondering if I shouldn't be waiting longer too??
Well, I must be going. We have a friend living with us right now as she was kicked out of her place, long story, so I have to go pick her up from work.
Take care and good luck to you....sticky baby dust to us all!!

Flutter

Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

hey Kel and Flutter,

Thanks for your kind thoughts...Flutter glad to hear everything looks good! Dr said I should wait 2-3 normal cycles this way the lining in uterus gets built up enough and gets back to normal? If I understand correctly. If I were to get pregnant again before a normal cycle my risks are higher for miscarrying. Good luck to you!!

Rachel

Old 01-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
(female)

Happy7 HB User

Hi all,
I really need to change my board name, I was using this name last week when I thought I had a healthy pregnancy going....2 weeks ago I went of ran early ultrasound (I had cramping in my first weeks) and the ultrasounds was great, it showed a little heartbeat and I started to let myself get excited. I just went for a 9 week ultrasound on Friday and they said the baby had stopped developing a there was no longer a heartbeat.

So, now it's a waiting game for my body to realize its over and to release it. I have to go to the docs again on Tuesday, if it hasn't happened by then on its own; I have to be scheduled to go to the hospital for a "procedure". I so hope I don't have to go thru that. I'm feeling depressed and sorry for myself. It took me 3 years to get pregnant and now am concerned about my feelings should I get pregnant again. I'll just be a basket case.

Flutter and Rachel, I am sorry for your loss but it sounds like you are both doing well. My doc said that I can start trying right after my first period. So I will. Maybe she told me to get on with it b/c I'm 37? I also had a friend who didn't wait and now she has a 4 month old son.
Thanks for reading...

Old 01-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
(female)

JoJoLEE HB User

Sorry to hear of your losses. If you are trying to get pregnant then check your cervix every day. My friend gets pregnant every time by knowing her cervix. When you are most fertile your cervix will open. Thats the best time to have sex. Your cervix will also open when your period begins. Try and best of luck.

I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for a week. I went in and had an ultra sound done. The baby was fine and had a heart beat of 125. I'm bleeding very heavy today and I'm passing clots. I'll go in tomorrow to get blood work done. For now I just have to wait. I'll keep you posted...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hi ladies,
Ohhh I am so sorry Happy....I know how you feel...tomorrow is going to be a month exactly to when my bleeding started. I am trying not to think of it. I guess we all have to try that. So your doc will send you in for a D & C if you do not pass everything before you see her?? Hopefully you will be like me and pass everything before then...although people say that the D & C isn't that bad. Hard enough what we have to go through. Anyways, we are going to start trying again right after my first cycle..the only problem is...I have NO IDEA when that will be...it's been a month now since I started bleeding...when does the first cycle normaly come after a ms??
JoJo, good luck to you and hope all is ok. Ummm this might sound like a dumb question, but when you check for your cervix....how do you know if it's open or not? This might be TMI, but you do stick your finger up there to check that right?
Well ladies, good luck to you all and keep us posted!! Hopefully we will all be on the pg boards soon!! But only a healthy soon!!

Take care.

Flutter

Old 01-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
(female)

JoJoLEE HB User

I have lost alot of blood, tissues (i think the placenta) and clots. I'm for sure now that I will not be having this baby. I'm ok. I didn't plan this pregnancy. I plan to get pregnant again in August. Wish me luck!!

This is about cervix check. Don't read this next paragraph if its TMI.

Yes, I was told to check my cervix every morning right out of bed.
Some people might have to lay down and push on there stomach to feel their cervix, prop their bottoms on 2 or 3 pillows and hope they have long fingers, have there husband help, or you can stand funny (like when you insert a tampon) to find your cervix. For me right now that I'm miscarrying my cervix is very open. I can sick my finger up it. Your cervix might also drop when it opens.
If your cervix is "closed" you wont be able to get the tip of your finger in the cervix. When it opens you will be able to get the tip of your finger in. Everyone is different and it's hard to tell. I'm only speaking from personal experience. If you check your cervix every morning right when you get out of bed you will get to know your cervix better. Then you will know when its closed or kinda open. As soon as you know your cervix is "open" have sex. It wont last long so be prompt. Sperm can last a few days inside you as well.
For me right now that I'm miscarrying my cervix is very open. I can sick my finger up it. Sorry if thats To Much Info. But it doesn't hurt to learn.

I could be wrong about this. SO you might want to check with your OB. If that doesn't work then just have sex every other day. HAHA
Good luck.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #14
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

Flutter,

any signs of af yet? I am still waiting....patiently (kinda!)

Take care,
RAchel

Old 01-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

JoJoLee,

Sorry about your loss..best wishes to you as you ttc in August!!!!

Rachel

Closed Thread