It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Seriphina HB User
Worried about a miscarriage

Ok, so I know I'm probably worrying needlessly. But I am scared to death of a MC. My question is, does anyone know what causes them? Aside from the obvious (falling etc...). And also what are the signs that you might be having one. I freak out every time I have a cramp. And I know I'm just stressing myself out for nothing. But I'm hoping that some answers might help.

-Seriphina
5w 2d and counting...

Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

vigette HB User
Re: Worried about a miscarriage

It isnt always something that happens to you that causes them. Sometimes the pregnancy isnt going as planned and the body miscarries. There are so many different reasons for miscarring!! Stop STRESSING!! You are going to make yourself sick. I am almost 17 weeks and I am still scared of something happening, that fear never goes away. So try to relax, the stress isnt good for you or the baby.

It is also very common to cramp during pregnancy, so dont get scared. As long as you are not bleeding RED blood you are ok. And than there are sometimes That woman bleed and everything is fine! Being Pg and than becoming a mom is very STRESSFUL, unfortuantely you will be worring for th rest of your life

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

It's hard to say what causes them b/c with a pregnancy 100's of things have to go right, but just 1 thing needs to go wrong to have them happen. I had 3, each one for a different reason! Cramping and implementation bleeding are normal, but check with your doctor if your nervous. I bleed heavily around 17 1/2 weeks (red blood) but found everything was okay. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Every pregnant woman worries about miscarrying. It's perfectly normal. But, you should also realize that the majority of pregnancies result in a healthy full-term baby, so the odds are definitely in your favor. There are many reasons for miscarriage, most of which are beyond anyone's control, and if it's going to happen, it's going to happen and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. The majority of miscarriages, from what I understand, are from something not being right when the sperm fertilizes the egg or when it implants, and your body naturally terminates the pregnancy that wouldn't have resulted in a normal healthy baby anyway. There is really nothing anyone (not even your doctor) can do to prevent a miscarriage if it's going to happen, so worrying about it isn't going to help you any. What you CAN do is focus on everything YOU can do to have a healthy baby - get early prenatal care, take your vitamins, eat healthy, etc. You can't avoid a miscarriage if it's meant to be, but since the odds are MUCH greater that you'll have a healthy baby, try focusing on taking care of yourself for your baby.

It is VERY common to have cramping, pulling and AF symptoms in early pregnancy. This is nothing to worry about, as long as it's not accompanied by a lot of RED blood. The typical signs that a miscarriage is occuring is abdominal pain that wraps around to your back and is accompanied by a lot of RED blood. Brown blood isn't as bad and could be from a pap smear, sex or a lot of other minor things that aren't harmful to the baby, but if you have any blood, you'll want to call your OB for advice.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

major bleeding would be a big sign but falling doesn't mean you'll miscarry either. there is a lot of cushion around that baby in there. most women who take a hard fall have nothing happen but a bruised ego... cramping is totally normal. but i will tell you that being overly stressed takes a toll on you and your baby so relax! stress is bad for you and your little one. most pregnancies do not miscarry.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Seriphina HB User

Thanks for that ladies. It really does make me feel better.

Closed Thread