It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

Karma2678 HB User
Not Sure if I am Still PG - No Health Insurance 2 See A Dr.

I know that the only real way to know what is going on with me right now is to go to the doctor. I am just hoping to get a bit of insight before I decide if its worth it to go to the emergency room or not. I don't have any health insurance at this time. I have been very bothered by this since I found out I was pregnant. I began looking into purchasing health insurance, but since I am already pregnant insurance companies are calling it a previous condition and are not going to approve me for insurance. I know that if I go to the ER the bill will be outragous and I cannot afford to pay it at this time. This is why I really don't want to go if I can avoid going. I surely do not want to have an outstanding bill and I just feel horrible about not being able to pay for treatment. This is why I am hoping that I can get some insight so that I can get a better idea of if my symptoms are serious enough to actually just go ahead and go to the ER. I would like to thank each of you for your help and advice in advance. Please know that it is greatly appreciated!

Below I will describe what has been happening since I found out I was pregnant:

December 1 - Time to have my period. I thought I was starting my period because I began to lightly bleed. The bleeding was very light as it normally is the first day of my period, but instead of getting heavier it stopped that same day. I wasn't sure what to think about this so I waited to see if I would start in a few days.

December 10th - Very worried because my period did not come back and I am starting to feel the symptoms of pregnancy. Symptoms include;nausea, vomitting many times each day, breast are extremely sore, stomache ache, bloated feeling, gassy type feeling, horrible taste in my mouth - only way I can describe it is to say it taste like I swollowed a bag of pennies. I cannot keep down any food or water and I began feeling very tired. No energy to do anything at all.

January 1 - Would have started period if wasn't PG. Still feeling all symptoms of PG. Symptoms are pretty severe. Almost stay in bed all day because I feel a little better for a few hours after I wake up. I am feeling nauseas mainly all day long, but if I feel horrible in the morning I will feel a little better at night and vice versa. Stomache begins hurting worse around this time and I began having cramps periodically. Sometimes the cramping/pelvic pain is very painful. All of a sudden I will get a shooting pain in my lower stomache or in m side and sometimes the pain will wrap around to my back. This pain comes out of nowhere and feels like a volt of electricity. Sometimes the pain feels like stabbing pains- like someone has taken a knife and stabbed me directly into/through my vagina ( sorry for the graphic details, but the exact way it feels). These pains are never constant. Its like I will get a pain in the left side of my stomache and then maybe 3-5 min later I will get another in the other side, but then I may or may not get another one for some time. I also noticed that I was constipated previously and now I began experiencing some diarhea. This is very odd for me during PG.
I also began to notice when I would go to the bathroom I would find pink on the tissue after wiping. This did not seem to be blood, but I am not quite sure what it is. I began thinking it was implantation bleeding. This continued for a few days.

January 4th - Friday morning woke up feeling badly. I had pretty bad cramps and it felt almost as if I was going to start my period or had some type of stomach flu. I was getting ready to take my son to school when all of a sudden I got extremely ill and began to projectile vomit ( like in the movie the exorcist)!! It came on very suddenly and I almost could not make it to the bathroom. About 30 min. to an hour I began feeling better, but still nauseaus.

January 6th - Sun morning when I woke up and went to the bathroom I noticed that I was bleeding. I was not bleeding heavily it was like a very light period, but it was blood and not any type of discharge or other fluid. I was also still having the same types of cramping as described above. The electric type shocking shooting pains, but not consistantly. Morning sickness continued and breast remain sore. Although, I still felt PG and was experiencing morning sickness it wasn't quite as bad as previous days.

January 7th - Continued to lightly bleed, but otherwise I did feel a little better in regards to the morning sickness. Still a bit nauseas, but not as bad.

January 8th - Bleeding began getting more significant, but still not like a normal period. Morning sickness abruptly stopped. I felt really well the whole day. Breast not nearly as sore as before. Still cramping at times throughout the day.

January 9th - Bleeding same as the 8th. Still NO morning sickness at all and breast less sore than even the day before.

January 10th - Same as on the ninth, feeling much better.

January 11th - Bleeding same or a bit heavier than before. Before I had to actually wipe to see any blood most times, but now I am bleeding onto a pad regularly , but still not as heavy as a period. I have ZERO morning sickness which is very strange and my breast almost are not sore at all. I don't feel tire like I did before and I just really do not feel PG at all. I am still experiencing the cramping periodically throughout the day. Took another PG test and it still says I am pregnant.

Please if anyone was able to make it through this long post.. let me know if this is something I should be worried about at all. Does this sound like implantation bleeding? If I already had some implantation bleeding back in Dec would it be possible to still have some today. Is it too late to have implantation bleeding? Also, I am a person who suffers greatly from morning sickness and I am able to tell if I am pregnant right away due to the symptoms. Should I be worried that I don't feel PG anymore? Also, if I am miscarrying why am I not bleeding heavily and cramping severly?

Any helps and advice is greatly appreciated. I am just very confused right now and if this could be normal I don't want to waste the doctors time at the ER. Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Not Sure if I am Still PG - No Health Insurance 2 See A Dr.

Hi,

Did you have a pregnancy test which confirmed that you are pregnant? If not, you might be having some other problems, in which case you definitely need to see a doctor.

And if you are pregnant, you should definitely go to the ER. The quantity of bleeding that you are describing is not normal and needs to be checked out.

Good luck and hugs,

Lisa

Old 01-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: Not Sure if I am Still PG - No Health Insurance 2 See A Dr.

In April of 07 i had a miscarriage first i had the cramping like a normal period so i had a little light bleeding on the tissue when i would wipe. But my breast were so sore ome day it woke me out of my sleep and i took a pregnancy test the next day and yeah it said i was pregnant the next day still some light bleeding but not like a normal period. About three days later a friend of mine who was pregnant at the time said that i should go to the emergency room so i did. the bleeding was a little heavier once i had been in the cold waiting room for an hour. and when i get cold the cramps get worse so i was in tremedous pain. More than a usual period, after about 2 more hours i went to the bathroom and i felt my baby pass through. i knew i had a misscarriage. I know the feeling of "not feeling pregnant anymore" i had bleeding like a normal period for a few more hours after being assigned a room the next morning i had an ultrasound and they told me i wasnt pregnant anymore. I was released, and during this whole time i was never bleeding heavy, i had some clot pass through but nothing really big nothing over the size of a quarter. This had me worried because i thought that once u have a miscarriage you are supposed to bleed very heavy. i did not have insurance and i got a 2300 dollar medical bill. the sad thing was i had started a job and my insurance didnt go into effect until 3 days later. this really made me sick. So i know the feeling of being denied by the ins. companies.

Today i am 5 weeks pregnant and just today when i wiped i seen light red spotting. I almost cried i dont want another miscarriage. and im scared to go to the er because it gives me flashbacks about what happen last time. i have had some cramping but nothing like last time. i feel the sharp pains from time to time also. it makes me scared. Im going to the ER. tomorrow and even if i didnt have ins i would still go. there's no such thing as wasting a dr's time in this case. I would advise you like i would advise myself and anyone close to me,go to the ER and be sure that you are ok. put it like this if u wait it could cause more problems. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything goes good for you.

Closed Thread