It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

socalnewbie HB User
can i get pregnant and miscarry while on the pill?

i'm so very confused and depressed! i've been on the pill for a while now (several months) and im quite terrible about taking it on time! i nearly always late or early in taking it and i completely forgot it once or twice! last week, i started getting pains in my abdomen and back. it was like period pain which i though was weird as i'm still in the middle of this pack of pills (im on yasmin) then i started bleeding. its been a week now and im still bleeding, the pain seems to come and go and ive had several clots. they seem to be purplish grey. they've stopped now and the blood is thinner and redder than my periods. i just moved to cali and my insurance doesnt kick in till next month. meanwhile im panicking and scared and so confused. could i have gotten pregnant while on the pill? am i miscarrying? and i wasnt planning to get pregnant so how come im so sad and hurt at the thought of loosing a baby i didnt even know i had? please help me, im not used to feeling this weak and i dont understand whats happening to me.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: can i get pregnant and miscarry while on the pill?

Try not to worry. At this point, if it IS a miscarriage, which I kind of doubt since you're on the pill, there's nothing you can do about it. I suppose there is a possibility you've gotten pregnant if you're not very good at taking it at the same time every day, but I would think that this is probably just your period coming at a weird time. When I was on the pill a few years back, I remember all of a sudden one month getting my period in the middle of the pack, and then I got it again when it was supposed to come, and it went that way for a couple months until I switched brands. I'm not sure why, but I had been on that pill for a couple of years and when I changed brands, it fixed the problem... Anyway, try not to worry about it but I would go to a doctor when you can, or possibly a planned parenthood if you have any close by--I've heard that you can see a nurse there for free--don't quote me though, I'm not sure if the source I heard that from was reliable (but you might want to look into something like that)! In case it WAS a miscarriage, you need to be sure that everything was expelled from the uterus completely, to avoid the risk of infection. Just try to get checked out asap to be sure you're ok!

Whiskers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

socalnewbie HB User

dear Whiskers
you're a sweet and special person! i've been checking other posts on this site and you're always there with kind words and good advice! reaching out to everyone! an internet angel! thank you for being amazing; may your life be blessed and touched by light as you touch others! i'm going to take how upset i was over maybe loosing a baby i didnt have as a sign that im ready to have one! thanks for being a sane voice and a soothing hand.
god bless you
dana

Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Thank you so much for the kind words! It makes me feel good to know that my posts are appreciated... I suffered the pain of a miscarriage just last Tuesday (Jan. 22), so I know how frustrating it can be to not have any answers, and I don't want anybody else to go through that so I want to help out as much as I can! I'm glad you can try to move on from what potentially happened, and see that everything happens for a reason but as I said before, I have my doubts that it was a miscarriage! Thats great to hear that you think you're ready to try having a baby--good luck in all your efforts! And if I've learned anything from trying to concieve, it's that it'll happen when you're NOT trying so hard, and just enjoying the process!

Whiskers

Closed Thread