It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

anonymous32 HB User
how do you know when you are miscarrying

how do you know when you are miscarrying. im not sure if i was even pregnant i thought i was but i never got chance to have a urine test. when i started having cramps i werent sure if it was because i was pregnant and feeling sick also came about, then i started bleeding, sort of normal but then like chunks came out. am i miscarrying ive really got no idea..someone help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

starla9999 HB User
Re: how do you know when you are miscarrying

I just miscarried 4 days ago. I woke up around 5 am with cramps and a stomach ache. i was sure I had food poisoning. I finally went to the er. I was sure they were going to tell me false alarm, nothing was wrong with me. But no, my baby was dead, out of no where. I just heard the heartbeat on the 29th. I dont see how this could have happened. I was fine two weeks ago. So if i was you I would go the er or see your doctor immediately. Even if it is a false alarm, at least you will know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

snobunnie HB User

my cousin just went threw the exact same thing. The doctor told her it wasnt a miscarriage but i dont see how it could have been anything else. Maybe you should try going there and see what they say to you.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
(female)

snowdrift HB User

If you aren't having excessive bleeding, don't have a fever, and don't have any other physical or emotional symptoms you can't cope with, there isn't any need to go to the ER. If it is a miscarriage, they can run some tests and do an exam, and verify that it's a miscarriage. They can't stop it, and there's nothing they can really do to help. You can still take a home pregnancy test. Even if you are miscarrying or have miscarried you will often get a positive result. The pregnancy hormone leaves your body very gradually. With some very early miscarriages you will get a negative pretty quickly, because the hormone levels didn't rise quickly enough, but generally, if the pregnancy did start to develop, you'll get a positive if indeed you are or were pregnant.

I've had three miscarriages. The first was early, I was scared, I went to the ER. I got a bunch of tests and interventions, and still had a miscarriage. The second one I stayed home and let it happen on its own. It was like a period, but somewhat more painful, more clots, and more light bleeding for longer than with a period. With the third, it was a later miscarriage, at 9 weeks. I stayed home until I started having troubling symptoms, like fever and increasing pain, and then I was able to get a same day appt with my OB, who helped fix the problem, which was that the miscarriage was incomplete.

The first one, in the ER, was by far the most traumatic and disturbing, even more than the later one with real medical complications. Unless there are symptoms of a medical emergency, an ER is a terrible place to have a miscarriage. Miscarriages are often about just waiting for it to finish so you can move on. ER's are about urgency and fixing the problem. The two things don't go together very well.

Just my opinion, based on my experiences.

Closed Thread