It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
(female)

kafish67 HB User
is this normal after d&c

I had a d&c on wednesday for a missed miscarriage. I was about 9 weeks along. I made it through the procedure with flying colors. Took about 5 darvocets during that day. Yesterday I went to zoo with my 3 year old and walked around all day. I didnt really lift him, but did do alot of walking, very slowly mind you. Last night i began having abdominal cramps and bloating because due to all the narcotics and anesthetic, i am constipated. I havent gone since tuesday night. I look like I am 3 months pregnant. Middle of the night, I had back cramps, like menstrual, but very bad. My legs ache like there is no tomorrow and I have a pretty bad headache. I have taken 2 darvocet already. Im still trying to figure out what i should take for constipation. Should I be concerned about cramps? I'm not one to run to dr., but if i call, im sure theyll ask me to come in. also i dont believe in antibiotics unnecessarily. Is this normal? Should I just hang on the couch today with my heating pad? The darvocet is working already. My bleeding is getting darker. I think its normal, not too heavy. I have had a d & c before, but dont remember feeling like this. Please help.

Kelley

Old 07-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
(female)

LMF73 HB User
Re: is this normal after d&c

something similar happened to me... I blamed it on too much walking but I am feeling better now but numbness near incision and some pain occasionally and it has been almost a month since the D & C, and fibroid removal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

destined2bmom4x HB User

I had a D&C 4 weeks ago. I was 10 weeks along but growth stopped at 6 1/2 weeks. This is my 5th miscarriage but I have 3 healthy kids. I got my period yesterday, eager to start trying again!

The constipation and bloating are definately normal. I also had cramping for about 4-5 days after. Worse than period cramps. My thought is that you over did it. According to my Doc's instructions, I had to take it easy the day of and the day after. That was probably too much for your body. Just remember, that was a traumatic procedure for your body to go through, especially because it was unnatural. For the constipation, I got these packets from Wal-Mart that you add to your water. They are called "vita-splash" and there is one especially with fiber. Each serving is 5 grams of fiber, so a couple bottles of water with these in per day definately helps! I think the normal amount of fiber for an adult per day is 28 or so grams.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Last year I had a D&C and I thought everything was done. Well, about three days later I started cramping really badly for about 36 hours, finally I passed a huge clot. My uterus didn't end up going back down to it's regular size after my D&C, so a clot formed, and I had to pass it. It is actually somewhat common. If you have any blood or leftover clots, you will cramp until it comes out. I would still go to the doctors to make sure everything is ok.

Good luck

Closed Thread