It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
(female)

Katlin87 HB User
how to tell if you are having a miscarriage

how to tell if you are having a miscarriage. I have bad lower back pain and i spotted a couple weeks ago and now i am cramping really bad and bleeding

Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: how to tell if you are having a miscarriage

If you are having painful cramping AND red blood I would call your doctor or go to the ER. Cramping alone is not a sign of a miscarraige, and neither is spotting. Both are normal early pregnancy signs. How far along are you? If you are at least 6-7 weeks they can do an ultra sound right away to see if a heartbeat can be detected.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
(female)

Maggisu HB User

I'm not exactly sure how far along I am, my last period ended about 5 weeks ago but I don't know for sure when I actually concieved.

Either way, lately I've been cramping, and just today I started having severe lower back pain. About 4 days ago I had pinkish, then brown discharge (which led me to believe I would have a miscarriage) but since then I havn't bled at all. From what I've read on most forums and websites, a 'normal' miscarriage comes rather immediatly.

I'm only 18, so natrually or medically, I wish to terminate the pregnancy, but what I'm wondering is this: am I showing REAL signs of a miscarriage, or just normal signs of pregnancy? Should I see an ob/gyn or just go ahead with the abortion?

Any advice would be much, much appreciated.

-M

Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
(female)

Joy545 HB User

I hate having to say this to but it sounds as if you are having a miscarriage, I had those very same symptoms last year when I had my miscarriage especially the back pains I would definitely go see your doctor right away.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
(female)

aba221 HB User

Maggisu ... It sounds to me that you have a decison to make. If you are not sure what you want to to then I suguest that you seek out some good advisors. I would not bank on a miscarrage. Everyone is different. you need to make sure that the decison that you make is informed and truly what you want. I would suguest that you put a phone call into family planning. they are fantastic with people in your situation.

Closed Thread