It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

complicated08 HB User
Placental Infection...

I just learned that the reason my water broke and I went into premature labor and lost my baby at 19 weeks is because I had an infection in my placenta. I am so upset! How did this happen and why didn't I or my doctor know there was something wrong? I took my prenatal vitamins and maintained a good diet and went to all my doctors’ appointments. If I only knew I had an infection I would still have my baby. The autopsy report that declared I had an infection also declared that there was nothing anatomically wrong with my baby. This makes me feel even worse. I had a beautiful, healthy, innocent baby growing inside of me and I failed. I failed to keep my baby healthy and safe. To make a long story short, I am going crazy trying to get to the bottom of why I got a placental infection and how I can prevent this from happening again. And, I am driving my husband crazy with all of my “what ifs” and “how are we going to prevent this from happening again?” He has gotten so upset with me that I feel as if he doesn’t understand what I’m going through and it really hurts me. Any advice is greatly appreciated, please…

The Following User Says Thank You to complicated08 For This Useful Post:
mayang2004 (09-05-2012)
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

stac327 HB User
Re: Placental Infection...

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for what you are going through, Although I was not as far as long as you were I too lost my baby and the “what if’s” can be overwhelming, but If you know in your heart that you did the best you could to be healthy for you and the baby while you were pregnant than that’s all you need to know. As far as preventing this from happening again I would research as much as possible and talk to your doctors and get as much info as you can about what caused this infection and what you can do to prevent it from happening again. Please take care and once again I am sorry for your loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
(female)

complicated08 HB User

Thank you so much for your concern... My doctor told me he feels there was bacteria in my vagina that got up into my uterus during sex. So now he is asking once I get pregnant again that my husband and I don't have sex for the entire 9 months of pregnancy. I will do what I have to but something seems off. I'm still so upset that I had an infection and it went undetected and my baby is gone. My due date is approaching so soon and everyday I ache and ache more. I have so much in my life to be a happy for but I can't enjoy anything because of this. I really want to try to have another baby but I'm so scared the same thing is going to happen again and I can't and will not live through this again. I read that I am twice as likely to have this happen to me again...

Last edited by complicated08; 10-23-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
(female)

complicated08 HB User

stac327,

I'm so caught up with my own loss that I didn't say sorry for yours. I'm so sorry you lost a loved one as well. I hate to login to this site and read everyone's tragic stories but somehow I feel consolement, like someone can relate to my experience and give me advice that I haven't heard. Do you know what caused your miscarriage?

Last edited by complicated08; 10-23-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #5
(female)

stac327 HB User

Oh that’s okay its perfectly understandable, although its disheartening to think about not being able to be intimate with you husband the whole nine months at least you have the reason of why this happened and know that when you do try again there is a precaution you can take so that it doesn’t happen again. I know exactly how you feel about your due date approaching I think about how I would have my baby all the time and how old he or she would be right now and the first holidays I can tell you it does get better with time but it doesn’t go away I believe there is a total different type of grief you feel with the loss of a pregnancy. I don’t know why I lost my baby I was never given a reason other then there must have been something wrong with the pregnancy and this was my body’s way of saying so. My doctor was monitoring my levels she felt as though they were to low to coincide of when she believe I should have conceived and just when the last of my blood work came back that they were doubling like they should and that everything looked good I was finally relieved then that night I lost the baby and went through another round of testing just to be told that I indeed lost the pregnancy. I hope you can find some kind of solace here sometimes I do feel morbid reading peoples tragedies here as well but it does let you know that other’s have been through what you have and have come out the other side.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
(female)

mimirip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicated08 View Post
I just learned that the reason my water broke and I went into premature labor and lost my baby at 19 weeks is because I had an infection in my placenta. I am so upset! How did this happen and why didn't I or my doctor know there was something wrong? I took my prenatal vitamins and maintained a good diet and went to all my doctors’ appointments. If I only knew I had an infection I would still have my baby. The autopsy report that declared I had an infection also declared that there was nothing anatomically wrong with my baby. This makes me feel even worse. I had a beautiful, healthy, innocent baby growing inside of me and I failed. I failed to keep my baby healthy and safe. To make a long story short, I am going crazy trying to get to the bottom of why I got a placental infection and how I can prevent this from happening again. And, I am driving my husband crazy with all of my “what ifs” and “how are we going to prevent this from happening again?” He has gotten so upset with me that I feel as if he doesn’t understand what I’m going through and it really hurts me. Any advice is greatly appreciated, please…
I also lost my baby (at 23 weeks) due to a placental infection. I have no idea why or how this happened. I'm so sorry for your loss. It has been the hardest time of my life and I'm so afraid of trying again. I lost my son on June 8th of this year. It has been a little over six months. The pain will last the rest of my life, but as time goes by, things are getting easier. It's unfortunate that we don't have the answers to these sad situations and it's so unfair. I hope that you have the courage to try again and are taking care of yourself. It's all we can do.

Closed Thread