It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User
Molar pregnancy anyone?

Hi, I wanted to hear of any stories that anyone has on molar pregnancy. I read up on it but there's always "symptoms". Is there a possibility where you have no symptoms at all, have a positive pregnancy test and still have molar pregnancy? My 37 year old sister recently had a positive pregnancy test, never has taken birth control pills and ONLY now has become pregnant. She's never been to the doctor about trying to get pregnant, has irregular periods, and only NOW has she come up with a positive pregnancy test. She has no insurance and hasn't had any prenatal check ups yet. She has "doubt" that there is no baby in her belly but that it is some kind of cyst of some sort. I did explain to her about molar pregnancy but she has none of those symptoms that it describes. She say she has NO pregnancy symptoms at all. I have 2 kids and told her that everyone is different when it comes to being pregnant for my 2 pregnancies were very different. I told her to just be thankful that you don't have symptoms. She's still in doubt tho. How to reassure someone? So I am here asking for any advice that can be shared. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

mommyx5 HB User
Re: Molar pregnancy anyone?

I had a molar pg. Why would you think she is having a molar? The only physical sign of my molar pg was a very small amount of brown spotting. I had a partial molar pg, that is where there is a baby. A complete molar is with no baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread