It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

Play_Hard HB User
HCG levels after a miscarriage

I miscarried at around 7 weeks mid January. My HCG level on the 5th of January was 1595, on the 13th of January it was in the 1200's and on the 16th of January it was 325. I had a lot of bleeding and pain during that time, but I didn't follow my HSG level to zero. My doctor canceled my appointment due to an emergency, I felt fine so I didn't follow up.

Fast forwarding to the present time... Last week I was having very very slight cramping were I thought my period was going to start in a few days. It didn't come, so I thought I would take a hpt and it came up positive. I took two and they both were positive, not a faint line either. This worried me because I never did follow my HCG number to zero. So I went into the doctor's office today to get my HCG level checked and it's 1510. They did an ultrasound and said that they couldn't see anything, the assistant commented that it may be too early.

Other than being pregnant, is there anyway that the HCG level can go up from 325 (during my miscarriage) to 1510 (today a month later) after a miscarriage?

Last edited by Play_Hard; 02-16-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
(female)

Karen128 HB User
Re: HCG levels after a miscarriage

Did you find out if it's a new pregnancy?

I think it might be possible if you didn't pass all of the pregnancy material and something could be growing back... That's why sometimes you have to have a D&C after a natural miscarriage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

Play_Hard HB User

Yes, it is a new pregnancy and I should be around 6-6.5 weeks. I don't have a good feeling about this one, because I have had some spotting, first a tiny bit of red, then brown and a little bit of a pinkish. I notice this is when I wipe when going to the bathroom and it's only a little bit, but my pregnancy symptoms have started to diminish (my breasts are not nearly as sore and I am not getting sick). I can gauge my breast tenderness because last week it hurt just to take my bra off, now I have only slight tenderness. I have some light cramping as well. I still am tired, but it could be because I am taking a progesterone pill once a day.

I go in tomorrow, but I just have a bad feeling that this will turn into a miscarriage as well. I'll be 0 for 2, I am frustrated and am feeling like I'll never be able to have a baby.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
(female)

RachP02 HB User

I'm sorry to hear about everything, but don't give up hope yet. I miscarried my 1st two pregnancies so I know how you feel. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and everythings seems to be going well. Last week I was scared because I felt like my symptoms were fading, just like you said. But then I had an ultrasound a few days later and everything looks good, saw the heart beat too. So, I really hope you're not miscarrying again but even if you are don't give up hope yet. A lot of people miscarry more than once and go on to have normal pregnancies. My friend miscarried 5 times in a row & the had 4 normal pregnancies after that, so anything is possible. Also, they put me on progesterone as soon as I got pregnant this time, so you may want to talk to your doctor about that. Good luck and keep us updated.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
(female)

Play_Hard HB User

Well, I had an ultrasound yesterday and the doctor found a heartbeat. I was completely shocked because I thought for sure that I was at the start of a miscarriage. I know that I'm not out of the woods, but at least I have some hope!

I don't understand why my breasts are not as sore as before though. It sounds like other women have had this happen to them and their pregnancies were fine.

I am craving some weird things and noticed the cravings pretty strong yesterday. I'm craving french fries with mustard, so I went out and got some last night. It has been years since I have gone to a fast food place, let along eat fries! I never eat fries!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
(female)

Karen128 HB User

That's great news! A heartbeat is always good. I hope it works out for you this time and that your little one grows strong.

Closed Thread