It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

pinkyXstary HB User
Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks :(

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and am hoping to find some support.

I found out i was pregnant very early at only 4 weeks, and the day i found out i had some light bleeding, i was booked in to have a scan the following day. Everything seemed to be ok, and my blood results came back fine. They wanted me to come back the next week to check on me again.

I went back and was now 5 weeks, and again everything was fine, they told me there was nothing to worry about, but again asked me to come back a week later.

So once again i went back now at 6 weeks and there was a tiny pole measuring at 2.5mm, everything was going great and was told that my pregnancy was developing "beautifully" But yet again, they wished for me to come back a week later just to have another check.

I thought to myself "if everything was fine, why am i coming back every week?" I was assured that nothing was wrong and that when they see everything is ok by week 7 they will leave me alon until week 12. I went away feeling happy.

So last wednesday i went back for my 7 week scan, i was excited as this was my first baby and couldn't wait to see the little white dot bigger this time, only to be crushed by the words "I'm sorry, there is no growth, the baby is still 2.5mm i'm affraid your baby has died".

devestated i was sent into a private room to discuss my options with one of the nurses. She told me that this was something that could have been expected as "the pregnancy was struggling all along"!!!! Why in gods name didn't they ever tell me?? All along i was being told that everything was fine and there was nothing to worry about.

I was sent home and told to think about my two options over the weekend, misscarry at home or have the oporation. Immediately i chose to stay at home, but today i can't handle it anymore and am now booked in for the oporation tomorrow at 12pm.

Everything about this is truely devestating for me, but what hurts the most was the shock of being told my baby was struggling all along when i was assured everything was fine.

I wanted to have the oporation as the waiting for the misscarage is too painfull. I just hope i have made the right choice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

RachP02 HB User
Re: Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks :(

First just let me say that I'm very sorry that you are going through this right now. I have miscarried twice within the past year, so I know how devastating it can be. I think your doctor should have said something if your pregnancy was at risk. Maybe they thought they were doing the right thing by not causing you to stress too much, but I think I would rather know if I was an at risk pregnancy. With my 1st miscarriage the pregnancy stopped developing at 4 weeks. They didn't know that until I went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks when I had some light bleeding. They were going to schedule me for a d&c, but I started to miscarry the very next day, so I didn't need the surgery. In your case you don't know how long it could take, so I think you made the right decision to go ahead with the surgery. I would want to get it over with asap, so I could start the healing process. I don't know if this is your 1st pregnancy or not. You will probably have to wait a month or 2 to start trying again (to give your body a chance to heal) A lot of people miscarry once and go on to have healthy pregancies. I unfortunately had a second miscarriage about 3 months after my 1st, I was only 5 weeks pregnant & again miscarried naturally. When I became pregnant again 2 months later they put me on progesterone supplements during the 1st trimester. I am now 25 weeks pregnant, and praying every day that I make it to 40 weeks. I hope that you have some support during this time, all I can say is it does get better with time, but it can take a lot of time & other people may not be so understanding, especially if they've never gone through it. I will say a prayer for you & wish you the best of luck with future pregnancies.

~Rachael

Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
(female)

pinkyXstary HB User
Re: Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks :(

Thank you so much for your support Rachael. I'm sorry to hear about your experiance also it's not pleasent at all. after posting up this topic i, the same as you didn't make it to my D&C as i started to misscarry the night before. I put a post up about it as it was a horrific experiance, and im back home from hospital now.

I hope everything goes well for you in your pregnancy and i send lots of love and good feelings your way.

xxx

Closed Thread