It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
(female)

pinkyXstary HB User
Horrendous miscarriage

Hi everyone

I posted a thread on here the other day discussing how my baby had stopped developing after 6 weeks. On monday i called the hospital to have myself booked in for a D&C on tuesday at 12pm.

On Monday night i was feeling fine in myself, no pain or bleeding, i stood up to use the toilet and i started to misscarry. I rushed down to the toilet where i sat for 45 minuets passing very large clots and lots of blood. My fiance' called my mum to come over and also called a doctor as we were worried at the rate i was bleeding... something didn't feel 'right'. The doctor assured me this was normal and to wait another 30-60 minuets and if i was still bleeding to call back. So i sat there scared and passing more and more, it was like a running tap, i couldn't move or even clean myself up as everytime i did, it flowed even more. After a further 10 minuets i began to sweat uncontrollably and began panting very fast i couldn't controll any of this, i became very light headed and started to sway from left to right. I forced myself to stand up and wrapped a towel undreneath me.. i fell into the hallway and on the stairs my mum was sat with me whilst i was struggling to stay awake, she started to scream for my fiance' to call an ambulance. I knew that if i didnt make it to the living room and lie down i was going to pass out, so my mum and step dad helped me onto the sofa and put a fan on me.. i was still very faint but felt better led down. The ambulance arrived and my blood pressure was really low and when they felt for my pulse there was hardly one there.

I was rushed to hospital where i was lucky to only be put on a fluid drip, 1 minuet longer and i would have needed a blood transfusion. I was there for a while, had lots of tests and then was transfered to another hospital. When i arrived i was cleaned up and 5 minuets later i was all messed again. I had to have an examination (like a smear) as she thought everything had passed, but when i was opened up, i covered the whole bed in blood and clots. Again i was cleaned up and left for the evening. Around 4am i began having contraction like pains and couldn't settle, i called the nurse and begged her for painkillers, she said i couldn't have much as i had already been administered some heavy painkillers, so i was given paracetamol. This didn't even touch the pain so i was awake all night sweating and having these pains, the eventually dulled down at around 8am.

At 9am i was sent for a scan and more blood tests. If the scan showed up that everything had been passed it looked good that i could come home. I waited until 5pm for my results!!! When they came in they said that there was one more clot left, and was so small i could pass that on my own, there was still some bleeding but it had subsided. I was alowed to go home as they felt i would be ok... and they needed my bed for another patient!!!!!

So i was sent home still not feeling to good, with a course of iron tablets and strong pain killers.

Today it is the following afternoon and im feeling much the same, very groggy and some bleeding.

It was the most horrific experiance i have ever been through in my life, i wanted a D&C simply because i was worried if i misscarried at home i wouldnt be able to clear it all out properly.

In futre if me and my fiance' are unfortunate to have to make this choice again neither of us will hessitate to swiftly ask for a D&C.

Im sorry for ranting on about this, but i wanted to know if anyone else has had such a horrific experiance with a home misscarrage?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

Marie84 HB User
Re: Horrendous miscarriage

Neither is good, I had a D & C and it was HORRIBLE. It was in Japan (We were living there at the time) and after hearing a heartbeat and stuff, at 11 weeks I found out that I had a missed miscarriage. It was very sad, and it was horrible when they found out because there was this super old doctor and they forgot to cover my legs (they were doing a transvaginal ultrasound which they did EVERY TIME/EVERY WEEK), the doctor was like "I think the baby is dead" in japanese (my husband told me that is what he said). All the nurse were standing around, my legs were spread open in stirrups and I was trying to cover my privates with my shirt (didnt work). Then I had the D and C, they did something wrong with the anesthesia and I could feel EVERYTHING, but couldnt move. I could even hear them talking, it was like those horror movies. They also didnt numb me AT ALL when the put the dilators into my cervix...it was super horrible, after that I had kind of wished I could have just done it at home....but after reading your story Im glad I didnt!
But this story has a happy ending, I got pregnant two months later and am now 34 weeks pregnant with absolutely no problems.
New baby: Due 08 08 09!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

RachP02 HB User

Wow, I am really sorry to hear about your experience. Having a miscarriage is bad enough, but to have to go through all that bleeding and pain is horrific. I have to say that neither of my miscarriages were that bad, bleeding and pain wise. With the 1st it was like a moderate to heavy period, maybe filling a pad every 3-4 hours,but I bled for awhile about 10 days in total. I wasn't in any pain, but I did get bad headaches. With the 2nd I woke up in pain & went to the bathroom where I passed a few clots, but nothing at all like what you're describing. I bled for about 3 days with that one. Both times I immediately went to the ER & called my doctor on the way. My mom bled a lot when she miscarried, so I wanted to be there just in case. I hope you start to feel better soon, I know it will take time to get over this, but hopefully your next pregnancy will go much smoother.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #4
(female)

pinkyXstary HB User

Thank you both for you support and sharing your stories. It's not easy what option you pick. I really do believe that things are sent to try us, and although not plesent and something none of us will ever forget we will all come out the other side.

I like to think that one day i will have a family.

"One day" is always a nice way to start a story

Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

nita_xx HB User

I had the same thing happen to me.I got pregnant and had terrible morning sickness.Started bleeding at 8 weeks,scan showed everything to be fine.The same thing happened at 10 weeks.I went in hospital at 11 weeks because i was vomitting blood and had torn my stomach a little.They gave me pills and injections galore and i started bleeding really heavy.Went back to hospital on the sunday after passing a massive clot.They told me everything was fine.Again on the monday after a big bleed.They told me it was likely that i had miscarried.Doc said to keep an eye on bleeding.On the tuesday i passed the fetus (my baby) myself on the toilet.It was the most awful sight ever.It haunts me.Then on the friday the same thing happened to me.Major bleeding.Went to hospital had three examinations, filled the bed with bleeding and clots and was finally given a drug to stop it.It was the scariest thing ever.Months on and i am still in bits.It wasnt the right time for us.my partner and i had only been together two months but that baby was still sooooooooo wanted by us both.We have decided not to try till things are more settled but i can't shake the need to keep trying.Its a natural urge for me.I am blessed with a four year old little girl who is amazing but that really doesnt stop the pain.I should be pregnant now.I should be painting a nursery.Sorry if thats upsetting to any of you.Not spoken to anybody else who has been through this.thanx

Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
(female)

Aimz20 HB User

i thought my miscarriage was bad enough but reading this its so sad
i didnt know i was miscarrying although i had alot of cramp abdominal pain an started bleeding i had convinced myself the bleeding was normal but the pain obviously wasnt.
basically it felt like i was having pains every 2 mins i got to the hospital i needed to b transfered to another hospital but by 12:30 at night i was knackered needed sleep so told hubby to take me home. i thought things wud be alright the following day i wasnt so in the end my hubby took me to the royal in leicester then i passed out wen they called for me in the room wen they was going to ask me my name i dont remember much i only remember hubby wafting a thing over my face cos i was so hot then put in recovery room tests an all sorts. I rememeber a women looking at me an im sure thinkin bk she new i was going to miscarry still was think by then i was alright considering i was in agony.
then i was told to see a doc there that wud internaly examin me but i said No so they didnt then they tried to put me on a ward but my sis and husband wasnt allowed to stay with me so i panicked an freaked out so i discharged myself got bk in the car half way home told hubby to stop the morphine kicked in i was in way to much pain for the rest so i told him to turn bk an get me to hospital so put on the ward family had to go.
i waited for hubby for a chance to call him an see if he got home ok we was chatting for few mins an said i was in pain an screamed i had to go toilet an sed id ring him back soon.
I miscarried on the 5th september at 12:25 at night an 10 mins later as he'd not long sat down an it was the hardest thing ever to tell my husband that we'd lost the baby.

seeing a complete miscarriage in a bowl an i screamed an didnt believe it was my baby i kept asking the women. the man at the reception workin on main desk walked away he must of heard me.
they asked me if i wanted to look at it again i said no i was crying too much by then.
to help me get through this i class our baby at 3 months wen i was as a baby girl called Trinity we was going to call her that its the only way i can get my self through it.
What im trying gto say is that all misscarriages are bad D&C, missed miscarriage complete are all the same with the emotional and physical. still heartbreaking.
i would be 5 months now looking at buying things, shared craving experiances etc..
hope you are all ok xx

Last edited by Aimz20; 11-08-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelt wrong

Closed Thread