It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
(female)

dolphin27 HB User
Question My story, am I losing it?

Ok, so I first must start with how this all happened. I was a day late with my period, so I tested, came back positive. Over the course of the next 3 days I had taken 3 more tests, all positive. So I made an appointment with my OB the next week. When I went to his office(which was yesterday), they did the urine test as a formality, and it came back negative. They said they would do a blood draw as they are more accurate. I was in shock so on the way home, we stopped at the store and bought a digital test(thinking maybe I don't know how to read a regular test). That test came back positive, mind you this is maybe only an hour after I did the test at the doctor's office.

So today, I wake up and I am having horrible cramping pain, back ache and now bleeding. I am assuming that means miscarriage. So here is what I think happened, please give me some feedback or other ideas as I just don't quite get it. I think I honestly was pregnant, implanted and all, but the baby wasn't growing(causing the hormone levels not to increase). The home tests are more sensitive than the doctor office tests and thats why I didn't show positive there. And my body has now decided to miscarry. Also, I would be about 6 weeks, should my body be able to extract it all itself, or should I consult with the doctor as more steps may be needed?

I'm sorry it is so long, I am just so confused by this all and trying to research the net only seems possible if I had a PHD!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
(female)

Marie84 HB User
Re: My story, am I losing it?

If it is a natural miscarriage, and you bleed (including large clumps) and it stops like normal, and so does the pain...then I you should be fine. If it goes on for a long time or it doesnt "feel right" for a long time, then it may be a good idea to go to the doctor. Most natural miscarriages though end naturally, and you dont need the doctor. Just watch what your body does very closely and if you feel or see something weird, go in..
So sorry this is happening to you! If you never get really big clumps, you may want to go in to see if you are still pregnant, sometimes people bleed in the beginning. And if the pain is VERY bad go in bc there is a chance it could be ectopic.
Good luck..
New baby: Due 08 08 09!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
(female)

RachP02 HB User

It sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy, I had one with my second pregnancy. I miscarried at 8 weeks with my 1st pregnancy, so we we're really trying the 2nd time around & I was taking pregnancy tests before my period was even due. After a few days of negative tests, I got 4 positives in a row, so I knew I was pregnant. I called the DR to set up an appointment for the next week, but I suddenly woke up about 3 days later with very painful cramps & passing blood clots. Now I immediately went to the ER because of my past history, I knew I was having a miscarriage. But when I got there, they gave me a urine test & it came back negative! The ER doc seemed to doubt that I was ever preganant in the 1st place. My OBGYN happened to call my cell while I was in there & asked the ER doc to take blood & check my hcg levels. They came back very low but confirmed that I had in fact been pregnant. A chemical pregnancy is when the sperm & egg attach, but the pregnancy fails to develop. I sort of wished that I hadn't been so overzealous with taking a million pregnancy tests before my period was due, because I probably would have just thought it was a heavy period & not had to go through the grief of losing a 2nd pregnancy. On a positive note, if your test is already coming back negative, then your levels are very low & you should NOT need a d&c. Always double check with a DR. My doctor told me to wait 1 cycle to try again & now I'm in my 3rd trimester! So don't think that just becuase this happened that you will not be able to get pregnant again. I was certain that after 2 miscarriages that there was something wrong with me, but I guess they just weren't meant to be. I wish you luck & hope you get through this painful time.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
(female)

prettypink HB User

This has happened to me too. And I've had 2 miscarriages. The first being very early(chemical)and the 2nd being 16 weeks and possibly twins back in Novemeber. I have a condition with my thyroid(don't have one) and it may take more time and extra care to get pregnant and carry to full term. I am also a firm believer that what is meant to be will be. So from a mother who is just waiting for a baby, I wish you luck and all the best.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
(female)

Karen128 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachP02 View Post
I sort of wished that I hadn't been so overzealous with taking a million pregnancy tests before my period was due, because I probably would have just thought it was a heavy period & not had to go through the grief of losing a 2nd pregnancy.
I know! It might be better not to know. I'm going to wait as long as I can to test if I think I'm pregnant in the future.

Closed Thread