It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
(male)

marksmith19 HB User
Will my girlfriend miscarry - please help !

My girlfriend is currently pregnant. She has miscarried before. She is now 8 weeks pregnant and experienced cramps in her stomach a few days ago and it lasted most of the day. Late that night she bled quite bright red blood, with clots, one grape sized, like bits of liver and pinkish discharge (sounds horrible but bit of a smell as well). Not a huge amount but more than just small drops, quarter cup maybe. She has had sore thighs and twinges inside vagina. Dark stools. She went to hospital where the baby was still found to have a heartbeat. They gave her an injection of some sort and sent her home for bed rest and said she was high risk of losing baby. The cervix was slightly open but I think they are waiting to see if it closes again. She has been passing urine a lot today. Can baby still have a heartbeat even after a miscarry? Has anyone any idea as to why the symptoms of a miscarriage yet it doesnt seem to have been this? or has it? or are these very likely to be the signs the start of a miscarriage over the next few days?
She is very very tired and sleeping a lot and urine is very frequent and dark in colour.

Last edited by marksmith19; 08-31-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Will my girlfriend miscarry - please help !

There are many childless couples in this world who would love to have a baby to love and care for.

Think about adoption for the child's best interest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

marksmith19 HB User

What a silly reply that is. If she had child she would love it for god sake.
Im asking if she is going to miscarry here. Read the full story!! there are complications with the pregnancy and Im trying to find out whats wrong!!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith19 View Post
there are complications with the pregnancy and Im trying to find out whats wrong!!
Actually it sounds like you are hoping that she miscarries so that you won't HAVE to break up with her. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
(male)

marksmith19 HB User

Yes it is totally harsh and you have the wrong impression, as a result ive removed the history of it so that people actually see what the real question is! both her and i love kids and you don't have a clue what we both think of children

Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

I'm sorry about the previous responses you've had, I really don't understand why they said what they did. No it's not possible to have a miscarriage and still have a heart beat. I'm a bit concerned your girlfriend may have an ectopic pregnancy and or a urinary tract infection.
I can only advise you to take her to see a Doctor for a scan to check on the pregnancy and take a urine sample with you to have it checked for infection. Please keep a close eye on her. I'm sorry you are both going through this and I sincerely hope all goes well.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

I'm very glad to hear that I was wrong! I just find it curious that you said you couldn't be with her once she gives birth to this other man's child, yet you are going through the pregnancy with her. I truly hope once the baby is born that you will forget about the biological father and stay with your gf and be this baby's father.

I sincerely hope your girlfriend and her baby are doing well. Babies are precious no matter how they come into our lives.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
(male)

marksmith19 HB User

Hi VH90453

There is more to the story but i had to remove it after there postings, ppl getting wrong impression, baby isnt mine and they said i was hoping she would miscarry. It was from a previous relationship. Thats not the case, i just would find it difficult to be with her during and so soon after pregnancy if it goes ahead thats all.
Thanks for comments, she has been fully checked. It's a damaged and opening internal cervix she has - concerning as its alreday like this at 9 weeks. They cannot stitch it, but im not sure yet if they will try later on in a month or so, i wouldnt think it will reclose naturally, and they say stitching (cerclage) isnt an option for her. She remains on bedrest and baby has heartbeat. I believe with incompetent cervix the mother passes a live fetus and typically about weeks 13-16 is when cervix changes - that is when i fear for the baby and her. She is strong though and i think prepared as best she can. Its extremely rare (less than 1 pcent chance to have a weak /dmaged cervix), and even more that it has been found to be open this early i believe. Comments/discussion are welcome as I dont want to say too much to her about it in case its too upsetting etc.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
(male)

marksmith19 HB User

I am with her through this pregnancy at the moment cos I love her and she needs support from me right now more than ever. Her family arent happy and despite how hard this is for me Im standing by her when she needs me most - the pregnancy was a complete mistake but I wont go into that, and yes life and baby are precious. Thats why no abortion. She could face trauma of another miscarriage, then again, things might be ok with the pregnancy. However it develops I cannot turn my back on her cos of the feelings we both have to each other. I cannot say I will father the baby due to the circumstances of how it came about, but perhaps if it was slightly older I could. I just dont know where this will go, time will tell in my own head i guess.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
(female)

Aimz20 HB User

mark smith19 it sounds like another miscarry really hope she doesnt lose the baby an i know what your on about people on here are stupid to reply to a sensitive post like this. of course ur worried for girlfriend. when i miscarried i passed out an my hubby was worried.
dont listen to what theyve written take her straight in if shes still like this!! PM if u need a chat

Closed Thread