It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
(female)

missingmyangel7 HB User
could my ob/gyn be at fault?

hello my daughter was stillborn on July 15th, they finally concluded that the cause of the stillbirth was lack of blood flow to the placenta however I was getting special ultrasounds done which monitoring the blood flow to the placenta was part of this and they had told me that everything was looking good and I had nothing to worry about. I had went in to the hospital to have her heart monitored and that was when I found out she passed and I had been for this ultrasound two days before hand! do you think I have a lawsuit? I also want to add that when the ultrasound tech tried to get the baby to move she quoted to me "normally it does not take us this long to get the babies to move." and they still told me everything was ok. I also had a condition called intrauterine growth restriction or IUGR for short,a blood clotting condition and I had a family history of high risk pregnancies and I still was not considered highrisk. I also do not believe my doctors where not communicating with each other properly i believe this because I remember sometime in late June when I had went to my ob/gyn I had told him about a medication my blood Dr had put me on and he responded to me "I have not received a report from him since April" thus he was not aware about the medication, I believe he should have called when he stopped receiving reports and I also believe my blood Dr should have called or sent a report when he had put me on this medication.
thank you very much for your help * email address and/or contact information removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-05-2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Please don't post your email address, per Posting Policy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

froggie83 HB User
Re: could my ob/gyn be at fault?

find a lawyer in your area that does free consultations and works with people that have healthcare related cases and see what they say. i don't know the law but a lawyer would

Closed Thread