It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User
How much longer to stop bleeding?

I miscarried on Wednesday, November 4th at midnight, so technically November 5th. I am STILL bleeding some every day. This is taking forever!! It's like the second to last day of a period over and over again. My breasts are still enlarged and tender. I'm still all moody and irritable. I know if I go in for a HGC test, they'll tell me that I still have pregnancy hormones. They'll tell me I have to have a D&C to finish it off. This would be my fourth, so I don't want that at all. Anybody have any idea how long this might take? Any input is appreciated!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
(female)

faygeo HB User
Re: How much longer to stop bleeding?

i m/c'd on Oct. 31st. and am still "spotting" from it but that is because i chose to m/c naturally and its still not all out. my ob is keeping a close eye on me though. maybe that could be your reason too for still bleeding. i am not sure but just a thought. i am very moody also, my mood swings can be so horrendous at times. did you have an u/s done to rule out the possibility of a twin pregnancy an dmaybe you only lost one? just a thought becasue you said you still have swollen and tender breasts. i think it would be a good idea to find out what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: How much longer to stop bleeding?

Your body was prepared to be pregnant for 9 months so symptoms of pregnancy aren't going away over night....iand yes you might need a D and C as it might of been an incomplete spontaneous miscarriage...you will want a D and C if called for to prevent any infection setting in. At the very least you need to go to the doctor for a look at what might be going on. Or you can also just wait and see if the bleeding stops on it's own.... but if after a month or so of annoying breakthrough bleeding you might reconsider and go to the doctor.

Closed Thread