It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

Tulsi HB User
Placenta abruption at 18 weeks

We just lost of little boy at 18weeks. This was my first pregnancy so we were really excited and took alll the care.. all my results were normal.. In fact ultrasound results were also normal.. We were so confident after the ultrasound but suddenly I started bleeding and we lost our little one..

Doctors are not able to tell us what is the root cause.. the only doubt they have is that it might be placenta abruption..

I have no idea how this happened.. I use to go to work and do all normal things.. because my doctor said you are doing fine.. you can do everything..

was wondering if anyone has gone through the same and had succesful pregnancy later on.. I am trying my best to get in positive mood but its so difficult..

Old 01-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

Birdie Martin HB User
Re: Placenta abruption at 18 weeks

My Heart breaks for you and the loss of your precious baby boy! Yes, it happened to me, also, not only once, but 4 times. Doctors told me to have sterlization surgery, because I would never carry a baby long enough for it to survive. I refused the surgery, prayed a lot, believing God would someday give us a family. He did!!! We raised two wonderful sons. Don't give up, have faith, pray a lot! You'll never forget the first precious son, but having others will help you a lot!
....Birdie from Louisiana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
(female)

dwren HB User

I had placenta abruption at 18 weeks as well which ended my pregnancy with what the doctors called a spontaneous abortion which I do not believe is fair to call it that because I had a vaginal delivery, my baby was was completely formed, it was a little boy and he was perfect. I know exactly what you are going through. It is so hard to leave the hospital without your baby. Don't let this discourage you from trying again though because I now have a 4 month old son named Michael and he is wonderful. He came 5 weeks early though but is healthy weighing nearly 12 pounds now. Last week I found that I was pregnant again. I began bleeding and having very bad abdominal and shoulder pain. I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy. The egg attached to my left fallopian tube and had to be surgically removed. It was just as devastating as my misscarriage. My husband is so good though, it is very important to have a support system with going through something as tragic as losing a child no matter what the doctors may call it. This will not stop me from trying again though, I have every bit of confidence that God will give you and I both living healthy children. I am so glad that you were able to post your experience. Your baby is in heaven looking down on you, and you will see eachother again. Maybe our babies are up there together playing at the feet of the Lord. My prayers are with you.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

bubby1609 HB User
Smile Re: Placenta abruption at 18 weeks

hi i had my son some 15 years ago at 30 weeks he has severe cp due to a concealed abruption we are lucky to have him as we were told he was dead as they rushed me in for an emergency c section.the doctors have said it is very rare an most doctors never see one in ther working life.before my son I lost a little girl when iwas 6mnths pregnant after being told all was well the day before.it will take time but you will heal from this and hopefully given time try again.i am so glad we didnt give up my son is the light in my life and for all his problems i woouldnt change him for the world.but in the last fifteen years i have only met one other woman who had this type of abruption.they are all very rare you know and most probably wont happen again dont blame yourself because its not your fault give yourself time to heal hope this has helped in a small way .

Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

tuscansam6 HB User

Dear Ladies, my heart goes out to each one of you concerning your losses. Thirty years ago, I had placenta previa; I carried my precious daughter 6 months and delivered her stillborn....what a heartbreak!
I agree with Dwren....it was not an ABORTION it was a birth of a wanted child, and it's not fair to label it as such.
God bless you all. You will never forget, but as time goes on, it lessens the pain.
Take care of yourselves.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
(female)

Tulsi HB User

Thank you Ladies for all the support.. I agree Dwren.. that our little ones must be with God.. also it gives me some hope that I will also have a baby after reading your story.. I know every pregnancy is different so dont know how next one will be.. Hoping for the best for all of us..

Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
(female)

Tulsi HB User

Thank you ladies for all the support !! Dwren.. i completely agree with you that our little ones must be playing at God's feet.. also someone told me another story which you may find it interesting..

Every soul that comes to this world has a purpose to achieve.. whenever our purpose is achieved we are ready to leave this world.. some souls do not even need more time to achieve their goal.. they just need a heart beat.. I guess you get the jist..

also, another story from hinduism.. some souls need to be born to pure souls for the bad they did in previos life.. once they are born thru these souls their bad is forgiven and they can be reborn as a good human being.. I guess we are the chosen one...

sorry but i am kind of philosophical..

Closed Thread