It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

dlittle8806 HB User
late period or early miscarriage?

i had a miscarriage in July 09 and began taking birth control pills in Sept of the same yr. after getting my period on Feb 17, i missed a whole month's pills (i was out of town). my period is VERY normal and has been since i first got it 11 yrs ago but i was a week and 2 days late last month and when it did come, there was a lot of clotting, bleeding, and cramping for the first week or so. it has just recently stopped, yesterday. i was wondering if it was a chemical pregnancy or just a late period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

Karen128 HB User
Re: late period or early miscarriage?

It's possible it could have been a chemical pregnancy, but you just can't tell unless you test with a HPT or a blood test, and now it's probably too late. When I had a chemical pregnancy, I had a faint positive the day of my expected period, then four days later another HPT was negative. The bleeding started just under a week after my expected period and was slightly heavier and I had a bad headache.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread