It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
(female)

AngelInTheWind HB User
Christians Story 12/17/10

Christians Story
My Name is Sarah. I currently lost my son Christian due to ABS (Amniotic Band Syndrome

Sep/6/09 After four dollar store pregnant tests came up POSITIVE…I sat with my boyfriend who I have been with for seven years in amazement. From that very moment we knew ready or not we were going to be “Mommy” and “Daddy”
I was extra nervous about our baby’s health from the very beginning, In fact two hours after I found out I was pregnant I couldn’t stop throwing up so I went to the hospital. Doctor said “Everything is just fine, you are freaking your self out” I asked every question under the sun and went home with about 10 pap lets.
Everything went smooth I Heard the baby’s heart beat for the fist time at 12 weeks, Had my first Ultra sound Nov.17. I felt My baby kick for the first time during Thanksgiving dinner. When I was 18 weeks pregnant I went for a normal checkup to find out my baby’s sex, but only to find out my little baby’s heart had stopped beating, The doctor had no idea as to what caused My baby to die, she said when I deliver him she will be able to determine his death. It wasn’t until four days in labor on Dec.17.09 at 8:23am when A little tiny baby 800 grams 6inches long came. The nurse announced “It’s a Boy” she asked if I wanted to see my son and at first I only wanted to know the baby’s sex but after doing all that work and really truly knowing how much of a little fighter he was I had to hold my son. She leaned over and handed me my little baby boy all wrapped up in a little blanket. Their he was two baby hands ten little baby fingers and toes even outline of finger nails, a little baby mouth nose ears the hole deal I could barley feel him as I held him. I rocked back and forth while crying saying over and over “My poor baby” I’m So Sorry Baby”……I unwrapped his little baby blanket covering him to give my son his fist and last kiss. I handed him back and asked “Why did this happen to me. What happened to my baby?” My doctor said that our baby had passed away from ABS (Amniotic Band Syndrome) that only 1 out of 12,000 babies are born alive with it, the chances were better to win the “mega million dollar lotto” then this. She then brought our baby boy back and unwrapped his blanket to show up the “Band”. It was wrapped around his little hands and his left leg.. Also the umbilical cord She asked “do you see this?” grabbing the “band” “I can’t break this even if I pull it’s just like a rubber band….Had your baby not passed and it did not wrap around the umbilical cord then he could have been born with deformities such as webbed fingers or club foot something in that nature.

This is my child I wanted so much for him I had many dreams and hopes for our future despite the worries of raising a disabled child. I would have done everything in my power to be there for my child night and day taking care of his every need. I wanted to wake up 5 times a night to hear my son cry out for me…I would rather be holding my son then holding a teddy bear. For he is my son and I created him he was a living moving active baby he was a part of me, my dreams and hopes

Born In To The Arms Of The Lord
Christian Angel 12/17/09
Beloved parents of Sarah and Steven

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread