It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
(female)

muffet85 HB User
Miscarriage

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to share my story and ask a few questions.
My husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly in February, we didn't find out till March. We were so overjoyed. I had a lot of cramping the first few weeks, like I was going to get my period, then a back ache like I had a kidney infection. I went to my doctor and they said I was fine.
I postponed having an ultra sound because I wanted to wait till I had my midwife and was settled into our new apartment.
We were about 9 or 10 weeks when we moved in. To our knowledge things were going well, and we were going to see our midwife in the middle of week 10 closer to week 11. While we were there we talked about the baby and trying to hear a heart beat, we were unsuccessful which came to no surprise at the time, it was too early.
In the next week, I had spotted lightly and had some cramping. I called my midwife who told me that it was normal, and that if things got heavier or more painful to call her.
For the third time that week, I was spotting and I got really worried, we were just getting into the 12th week. They put my in for a quick ultra sound to make sure everything was ok.
The only thing to describe this appointment is horrible. The ultrasound tech was mean, moody and rude. When it came time to see the baby, she outright told me that 'there is nothing to see'. I was horrified.
I went home, and my husband and I spent the next few hours trying to wait patiently for our midwife to call.
The results were that the baby had died between 8 and 10 weeks, there was no heart beat and the ultrasound tech called it a fluid filled sac. They also mentioned there was another 'growth' in there that needed to be looked at by a OBGYN.
It has been almost 3 days and the bleeding has picked up a bit, not too heavy, like a light period with some light cramping.
I am really scared, I don't want to go through this. I don't think anybody does. I was opting to have the D&C so they can remove the 'growth' as well.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is is always as painful as everyone describes it?
I really don't want to wait for a D&C but people are saying that I will have to wait.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

VALady76 HB User
Re: Miscarriage

Hi Muffet - I am very sorry for your loss. A miscarriage is devastating as I went through almost exactly what you are describing. My 1st pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I remember bad back aches and cramping for several weeks but I didn't know if it was normal or not since I had never been pg before.

The brown spotting started in the 11th week. I tried to remain positive but when we went in the next day for the doc appt. the expression on the ultrasound tech face when she looked told me everything. There was no heartbeat. I tried to let the miscarriage happen naturally. Within a few days I suddenly started bleeding heavily. It was blood coming out like water. Strangely it didn't hurt but because I was soaking my underwear I went straight to the doc. She took a look and the sac had not come out yet. The doc decided it was best to do the D&C. I had a general anesthesia and it was over very quickly.

Mourn the pregnancy you lost but don't dwell on it too long. I let my body rest for several months to heal and we tried again 5 months later. I got pg right away and this one stuck. It is now 5yrs later and I have 2 healthy children. I really feel something was obviously wrong with that 1st conception and my body did what it is naturally supposed to do and that is stop the process.

You are obviously able to conceive so that's half the battle. :-) I am sure when you are ready to try again, you will go on to have successful pregnancies. Be strong and bless you!

Closed Thread