It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

curlysue36 HB User
did i even mc

hi looking for some advice new to the boards , i had a scan yesterday no heartbeat found ,i thought i was 9 weeks going back to lmp but i can be irregular , well i had a implant bleed on 5/5/2010. faint positive test on 7th , anyway acording to the sonographer baby died nearly 3 weeks ago, she said at 6wks 2 days, i know you can still have symtoms , but i heard they fade , well im getting new ones metal taste in mouth , i wondering if i have my dates wrong or maybe the sonographer was wrong i dont think she was a fully trained tech she had the same outfit as nurses, or am i just wishing and hopin ,she never took blood to check , she just come back next week for another scan for ur own peace of mind , any advice would be great , thanks susan

oh im still getting 3+ on digi test even when iv had loads of fluids ,

Old 07-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: did i even mc

I'm so sorry that you got bad news.

Please wait for the additional ultrasound if you think it will help give you peace with the possible loss. It is possible that she technician made a mistake, but understand that if your dates indicate that you're 9 weeks pregnant and the baby is only measuring at 6 weeks, something is likely happening. The baby should be much larger over that 3 week period.

The same thing happened to me -- my baby died 2 weeks before I even starting having any bleeding.

As far as the pregnancy test, a positive test does not mean anything. The body may produce pregnancy hormones even after the baby's heart as stopped bleeding. It can take several weeks after the baby dies for the body to recognize the loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
(female)

curlysue36 HB User
Re: did i even mc

hi thanks for the reply turns out i had a silent mc , and took 4weeks to pass naturly,when i went for follow up scan it was just the same size and i should of been 11 weeks , susan

Closed Thread