It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

kfowler74 HB User
1st period after a D&C?

On June 11th I had to have a D&C unfortunately. It has been exactly a month today since then, I thought I started spotting two days ago, but now I think I may be having my first period even though it is very light. I am trying to figure out if it is infact my period because I want to try and get pregnant again ASAP! If it is my period is it normal to feel crampier than usual, it's like I can feel my uterus and my groin area is achy. Oh I can't wait until my body is normal again? Bless anyone who is going through this! This I think has been the worst experience of my life and there is absolutely nothing natural about having a D&C! I pray to God I never go through this experience again.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

BabyBoyBerube HB User
Re: 1st period after a D&C?

How Long did you bleed after you had your miscarriage-D&C if you don't mind me asking. I am going on a week and a half and was wondering when it would stop? I'm worried that i won't stop bleeding from the miscarriage and than once i get my period i will have no idea because i had been bleeding the whole time? Is this possible? I can't wait to have my first normal cycle, my fiance and I want to start trying right away. The doctor told me to wait three months but didn't really tell me why, I than talked to a close relative in the family who is a Gynecologist and she told me they just tell you that so you have a couple regualr periods so when you do get pregnant you can tell them the first day of your last period and than they will be able to figure out your due date. But if you try to quickly without having a few good periods than it will be hard for them to tell you your due date.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
(female)

kfowler74 HB User

I am sorry to hear of your loss too. I bled for a couple of weeks, but I only needed a pantyliner. I didn't have a natural miscarriage though I had a D&C. I was at my doctors just the other day and he told me that usually the first period is extremely light because with a D&C the uterus is scraped that it takes a while for the wall to build back up. As far as trying again, my doc said that after the first cycle then I can start trying again, that is what he tells people with fertility problems. He says that you are extremely fertile for two months after losing a pregnancy. He begged me not to have unprotected sex until after my old pregnancy hormones are gone though. I am going to try right away because it took me six years to get pregnant with my daughter and I don't want to miss the fertile window! I wish you the best of luck. Keep me posted (no punn intended) on your experiences I will try and help you the best I can and maybe you can do the same for me. I don't think anyone who doesn't experience this ever really understands! It doesn't help that the hormones are all crazy on top of that!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
(female)

kfowler74 HB User

The doc told me that if it is the first time it happens then generally it is the body knowing that the DNA didn't connect properly and it is your body's way of shutting things down. Hang in there, most likely that was the case and you'll be able to start trying again real soon. I pray that is the case for you. I have a friend that lost her baby at 7 mos. pregnant and she actually had to carry her to term and deliver it! It emotionally wrecked her as you could immagine. I was actually only 8 wks. and 2 days pregnant. I got really big right away though, I looked like I carrying twins or further along! The nurse thought I looked four or five months pregnant. She is considered high risk and she has had two perfectly healthy pregnancies after that so there is hope.

I am doing alot better now, of course when I can feel my uterus inside of me I think about it more! I keep reliving the doctors office when I was there with my fiance and my daughter to have the happy experience of seeing our baby on the monitor. Unfortunately that is when we found out there was no heartbeat. I am optomistic that I will get pregnant during the two most fertile months, I hope! The doc said that from the first day you get your period count 13 days and have sex, then again on the 15th, or he said the 14th and the 16th. I am holding out hope and trying not to stress because that does affect things too in both getting pregnant and recovering from the D&C.

Another thing, keep taking your prenatal vitamins even before you get pregnant again. prenatals make me sick so I use a womans multi vitamin and folic acid. I am going to continue until I get pregnant again, that will help keep you healthy and alot of those vitamins prevent birth defects. I know I am being anal, but I am no spring chicken anymore so I've gotta think of everything.

Sorry, I keep rattling on...I keep on thinking of new things haha. Anyways, another thing that helped me with getting pregnant, I bought an ovulation kit, that has little stips you set into your urine the strip puts two stipes on when you are ovulating. The very first month I bought that I got pregnant.

I tried to send this through private, but it was to long.

Take care.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
(female)

BabyBoyBerube HB User

My doctor did tell me that, to keep taking my prenatal viatmins so i havn't stopped :-). That is so good to hear that your friend was able to have children after her loss. I will pray for you as well, it is so comforting to know that there are other people going through the same thing. I will definelty look into getting that ovulating kit. Thanks again, your replys have made me feel so much better. I feel now that there is hope.

Closed Thread