It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

TanyaAnn HB User
Threatened Miscarriage - How do you get through the 2 day wait?

Yesterday, I woke up a little after 8 am. I went to the bathroom and when I went to flush there was bright red blood and clots. I went to bed with only a bra on because of very sore breasts, there was no blood on my sheets or blankets. I have been uncomfortable, but no period-like cramps... just uncomfortable or very very mild cramping.

I woke up my 7 year old son and went to the nearest emergency room.

I had blood work, vaginal exam, external and internal ultrasound.

Beta HCG was 1900. Ultrasound came back normal, but with no evidence of pregancy more than 4 weeks. (From my understanding a pregnancy less than 4 weeks may not show up on ultrasound).

I am 6 weeks LMP.
I have had typical pregnany symptoms of very sore breast, slight increase in breast size, missed period, multiple positive pregnancy tests over the past week, slight nausea, and increase in fluid intake.

I now have to wait until tomorrow morning to have my beta checked again in order to determine if I have miscarried or not!

How have you handled waiting? And the emotional response of finding that you did miscarry?

I was a nervous wreck yesterday; I cried most of the day. I spend all morning at the ER... and played Wii with my son all afternoon and into the evening... and spent several hours doing research last night.

Also, I am upset that my midwives group is passing me off to the hospital to course of treatment (I wasn't given a good explaination why... except that I haven't established a relationship yet... meaning I haven't had my telephone and first appointment).

I don't know what to think or do right now. Luckily, I am in between academic semesters... so I have a couple weeks off where I can stay at home.

Any words of advice? Anyone have a similar experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

TanyaAnn HB User
Re: Threatened Miscarriage - How do you get through the 2 day wait?

This reply is for those that may come along and read this....

Today, my beta HCG was 200-something. Which is a decrease from testing two days ago, when I went into the hospital because of bleeding.

So, I no longer have a viable pregnancy and probably miscarried.

I haven't really had cramps ... but today I do and I am slightly spotting pink.

If I haven't already phyically miscarried, it will probably happen tonight.

This is the worst feeling and experience of my life. Luckily, I have many friends who have reached out and offered their ears.

I would not wish this experience on any women/person.

Closed Thread