It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

millyz_madness HB User
Unhappy horrible news... m/c twin possibly!?

Hi ladies,
I posted earlier last week in regard to having 2 sacs and only 1 with a yolk showing on the pregnancy board and i wasn't sure where to post this so im trying this board. I measured 6w 1 day on the u/s last week but by my calculations i was only about 4.5weeks. Well last night i woke to a pool of blood in my pants, i went to the toilet and about a 50c coin size probably a bit bigger lump with white and blood clot sort of thing dropped into the toilet and i have been bleeding ever since. What im hoping is that possibly the second sac was a second baby and perhaps that is what i have lost and not the other sac that a week ago was showing the yolk inside it. I went to the dr as im still bleeding and cramping and she made me go for a blood test and i have to go at the same time again tomorrow to measure my hcg levels and if the test tomorrow shows the same or less hcg level the dr said i have most likely had a failed pregnancy. She isn't my normal dr and i dont particularly like her attitude as she is very negative and wouldnt comment weather or not it was possible that i had passed the one smaller sac and possibly still pregnant with the bigger healthier looking sac...
Im devistated as this is my first m/c and i wont know till tomorrow afternoon if my hcg levels have dropped or not. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this before?? I hope i still have one baby holding on in there. I really really do!

Last edited by millyz_madness; 08-26-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
(female)

millyz_madness HB User
Re: horrible news... m/c twin possibly!?

The doctor just rang with my hcg level test result from today which was 3882. By the u/s calculations i would be 7weeks but i did an ovulation test which was positive on the 20th of July which only makes me 5.5 weeks roughly pregnant. What do you ladies think?? is that too low to be carrying a healthy baby?? I get another blood test tomorrow at the same time as today and they will compare them to see if its risen significantly or if its decreased (meaning i have lost both babies/sacs)

any input would be great

thanks
mel

Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

I am so sorry you are going through this stressful time right now. Can you get an ultrasound done to show what is going on inside? I would call the doctor and see if you could get an ultrasound. Right now, all you can do is hope and pray that the numbers will not go down and that it was that other empty sac that you lost. I will send all my well wishes your way that the little angel is holding on inside!!!!!! Please keep us posted.
cmarie
*Olivia Grace born 10/23/07...our little miracle!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

plang HB User

I'm so sorry too that you are going through this. It's not easy, I'm sure!
I did a search online of your HCG level, and this is what I found...
Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

So the 3882 that you had, would put you right at 5 weeks.

I know it's easier said than done, but go lay down, get some rest and try to relax. If it was the other sac being shed all this stress and worrying isn't good for the other, possible pregnancy. Wait and see what happens with tomorrow's test and go from there.

Oh, and yes, I have heard of this happening. Not myself, but a few of my friends have gone through this. It's very common to lose one of the twins and carry the other until full term.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

thankyoiu ladies both so much for your replies.. By my calculations Im about 5.5weeks which would make my numbers ok, so heres hoping. Go for another blood test today at 11am which is in 4 hours and then i find out the results this afternoon. I will kepp you all updated! my fingers are crossed so tight! I have another u/s booked for next thursday regardless just so i can see for myself that either the baby is definately gone or there is still one definately in there. A little bit of reassurance either way. I never realised how hard it would be to move on from this... until thursday i will be clinging to every hope so if there is no baby on the u/s thats when it will really hit me! I am feeling alot better today then yesterday but i think thats only because im clinging on to hope.

thanks again girls
mel

Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

I really have my fingers crossed that your numbers are good this afternoon!!! I know how hard a m/c is from experience...it is just complete devastation...but we are going to be positive and pray that all is ok with this pregnancy!!!!!
cmarie

Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

thanks, i just got my second blood test done about an hour ago so im hoping the numbers have increased by this afternoon the dr said to call her between 4.30pm and 5pm so still another 6 hours away its going to be a long six hour wait.... how much do you think the numbers should go up in 24 hours to still be a viable pregnancy??

thanks so much for your caring support ladies

mel

Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

well i got the dreaded phone call and my hcg levels have halved since yesterday down to 1524 now so theres my answer. still have to have the u/s thursday to see if its all come out etc. pretty devistating..

mel

Old 08-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

Oh Mel, I am so so very sorry to hear this has happened to you. It is just devastating to go through this!!!! You have to take care of yourself during this time. Please know that I am sending all well wishes and peaceful thoughts your way. We are here for you if you need to vent or talk! Keep me posted.
cmarie

Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

thanks cmarie,
I was a mess wednesday night and thursday but im doing alot better now. I just wish the bleeding would hurry up and stop so im not constantly reminded of it. It has definately made me very reluctant to try again, i couldnt go through it twice in a row, i think id be so scared the whole time if i got pregnant again... how do you relax with a pregnancy after a m/c?? and I have read that you should wait 2 cycles to start trying for another, is that right? I know this sounds horrible but the first few weeks till the 12 week mark seem to take forever to come so you can tell everybody and now that this has happened it feels like i have to start all over again and go through that long wait all over again Its very hard to relax with a 16 month old son around but i am trying

thanks
mel

Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

Mel, I am just so sorry. Everything you are feeling is so right on and you are valid in every emotion that you have. It is one of the most devastating things because you always think of "what might have been" I had a m/c in July '05 and every single March I think that I would have had a "X" aged child. I will say that I have never ever forgotten that baby that I never met and I love him/her as much as I love my daughter. After I lost my two conjoined twins I had a bracelet made with my daughter Olivia's name on it and then I had 3 charms put on it in remeberance and honor of my three angels. It helps to have that with me to keep their love alive.

When you get pregnant again you will be nervous for sure but you will get through it and you have to focus on the happiness of the new pregnancy and live in that moment. That is the best advice I can give you.

I think because you are so early on that you would not have to wait 2 months. My doctor's told me to get one regular period and then I would be fine to try again. So I would do that if it were me. Personally, I did not wait to tell my friends and family that I was pregnant because I was so excited and I wanted them to share in that celebration and excitement. The way I looked at it was, if something had happened I would want their support through the difficult time, but that was just how I thought about it all.

I am here if you need someone to listen to your feelings and I would just say love your son and have him help you through this difficult time! Hang in there sweetie
cmarie

Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

you cmarie are such a wonderful woman! what you have been through and how you have coped is so admirbal. I am dealing really well with it other then my emotions being out of control just being happy one minute and sad the next and having no control over it. I think we will start trying again as soon as the bleeding stops and i hopefully get my normal cycle back again. Its just so hard to think that the past 7 weeks have been lost and i have to start from scratch all over again... Are you trying again for another baby or are you pregnant again? Its funny how a mothers instinct works, i knew and said to my hubby right from when i found out i was pregnant that i wasnt attached or excited about this pregnancy because i didnt have the sore breasts or any of the symptoms from last time and i felt nauseas this time which never did with my son. The u/s on thursday will be hard but will give me closure also. The dr mentioned that after thursday we would have to decide weather to have a d & c or just keep going naturally.. if you dont mind me asking, what did you do?? I know nothing about a d&c and do not know whats involved but i think if possible id rather do it naturally... do you know how long it should take to stop bleeding etc??

thankyou so much for your support, it really helps to talk to somebody who knows what im going through

mel

Old 08-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

Thank you for your kind words! We are not pregnant nor are we trying because it took us 3 years to get pregnant with my daughter after my m/c and we conceived her through IVF. I was pregnant with triplets but only my daughter Olivia Grace survived because her sisters were identical conjoined twins that only had one heart so they didn't make it. I was on absolute bedrest for 27 weeks, hospitalized for 2 weeks due to preterm labor starting at 27 weeks and then my little miracle was born at 34 weeks. She was absolutley perfect weighing in at only 4 lbs 7 oz and was 16 inches...a little tiny fighter!!!! No NICU or special nursery, I was so blessed. So I am just thankful to have her here and for her to be healthy, I just can't go through all that again! We may adopt some day in the future???

With my m/c I did not have to have a D&C because I finally stopped bleeding after about 1 1/2 weeks though towards the end it was just spotting. When I first started to miscarry I bled really really bad and had excruciating. I was actually out of town in Utah at a convention and had no family members with me (I live in Chicago). My work friends had to call 911 and I was taken by ambulance to the hosptial. It was a million times worse because I was alone. That flight home was just awful. It took a while for my hcg to drop to 0 so they kept taking blood tests until it dropped. I did not want to have the D&C so I was happy that I didn't have to. I would think if you could do it naturally that would be better. I know that the D&C they go in there through your cervix and pretty much scrape your uterus to get all the lining and whatever is left in there all cleaned out. I hope that your u/s on Thursday comes back good so you could just have things naturally take place.

Sorry for all the rambling about me! I will tell you...when you need to cry, cry...when you need to be ****** off, be ****** off...when you want to talk about it, you talk about it!!!!!!! Maybe you can keep a journal to help you sort through your feelings, I did that and it helped. I am here for you.
Cathy

Old 08-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #14
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

i just want to keep saying thankyou to you everytime i read what you post it makes me feel so muchbetter! you have been through some horrible things and for that i am sorry. Im in Australia and it seems things are done a bit differently here, they havent asked me to take anymore blood tests just wait till thursday and hope it is all gone because i really dont want a d&c it sounds awful!!

mel

Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User

Hi Mel, I wanna say Im very very sorry for your lost, I just had a MC myself 5 weeks ago. I had a D&C (not painful) and this week after 5 weeks Im so happy my period came back. I asked my OB how long I had to wait to try again because after feeling pregnant for the first time I was devastated to have lost it. She told me after I had one regular cycle I can try again. Today was my last day of my cycle and Im prayign that things will go OK and this time will be full term. I know for you it will be too, dont loose for faith that all that we have left. I booked a cruised to the caribbeans so I can have a fresh beginning. Ill keep you in my prayers. Bless You

Laura

Closed Thread