It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
(female)

millyz_madness HB User
Unhappy miscarried, maybe only one twin lost?

Hi ladies,
I posted earlier last week in regard to having 2 sacs and only 1 with a yolk showing in the u/s, on the pregnancy board and i wasn't sure where to post this so im trying this board. I measured 6w 1 day on the u/s last week but by my calculations i was only about 4.5weeks. The u/s didnt reveal any heart beats which i wasn't overly worried about so early on in my pregnancy and neither was the u/s lady.
Well last night i woke to a pool of blood in my pants, i went to the toilet and about a 50c coin size probably a bit bigger lump with white and blood clot sort of thing dropped into the toilet and i have been bleeding ever since. What im hoping is that possibly the second sac was a second baby and perhaps that is what i have lost and not the other sac that a week ago was showing the yolk inside it and was much bigger and more healthier looking. I went to the dr as im still bleeding and cramping and she made me go for a blood test and i have to go at the same time again tomorrow to measure my hcg levels and if the test tomorrow shows the same or less hcg level the dr said i have most likely had a failed pregnancy. She isn't my normal dr and i dont particularly like her attitude as she is very negative and wouldnt comment weather or not it was possible that i had passed the one smaller sac and possibly still pregnant with the bigger healthier looking sac...
Im devistated as this is my first m/c and i wont know till tomorrow afternoon if my hcg levels have dropped or not. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this before?? I hope i still have one baby holding on in there. I really really do!
I hope somebody can shed some light on this for me please?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
(female)

ladyblackfire HB User
Re: miscarried, maybe only one twin lost?

its sounds to me like it is very possible that you did have a m/c but also for only one if you did have 2 sacs then you more then likely had 2 babies. I have had several m/c and the signs are the bleeding,, cramping, passing tissue such as a blood clot. I hope that your other lil one did hang on and good luck I hope that helped I have never had my twins full term my stronger one "absorbed" the weaker one in very early stages so I only had one but good luck hun and let us know how it goes!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

thankyou very much for your reply! I had a blood test yesterday and another today to see if my hcg levels are still increasing to try determine if i have miscarried both babies or not. I will know the results this afternoon. The bloods i got done yesterday came back with 3882 hcg reading so fingers crossed that todays were higher. I will keep you posted

thanks again
mel

Old 08-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

well the dr just rang and my hcg level halved since yesterday so theres my answer. Still going to the u/s next thursday to make sure everything is coming out etc.
its definately goin to b hard to try for another bub after this

melissa

Old 11-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
(female)

kathy1229 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millyz_madness View Post
Hi ladies,
I posted earlier last week in regard to having 2 sacs and only 1 with a yolk showing in the u/s, on the pregnancy board and i wasn't sure where to post this so im trying this board. I measured 6w 1 day on the u/s last week but by my calculations i was only about 4.5weeks. The u/s didnt reveal any heart beats which i wasn't overly worried about so early on in my pregnancy and neither was the u/s lady.
Well last night i woke to a pool of blood in my pants, i went to the toilet and about a 50c coin size probably a bit bigger lump with white and blood clot sort of thing dropped into the toilet and i have been bleeding ever since. What im hoping is that possibly the second sac was a second baby and perhaps that is what i have lost and not the other sac that a week ago was showing the yolk inside it and was much bigger and more healthier looking. I went to the dr as im still bleeding and cramping and she made me go for a blood test and i have to go at the same time again tomorrow to measure my hcg levels and if the test tomorrow shows the same or less hcg level the dr said i have most likely had a failed pregnancy. She isn't my normal dr and i dont particularly like her attitude as she is very negative and wouldnt comment weather or not it was possible that i had passed the one smaller sac and possibly still pregnant with the bigger healthier looking sac...
Im devistated as this is my first m/c and i wont know till tomorrow afternoon if my hcg levels have dropped or not. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this before?? I hope i still have one baby holding on in there. I really really do!
I hope somebody can shed some light on this for me please?

thanks

Old 11-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
(female)

kathy1229 HB User

I did miscarry 1 twin in my 12th week. I started to bleed, went to the dr and he said I lost one baby. The rest of my pregnancy went wonderful and I went 36 weeks and had a beautiful daughter. It can still be fine. Hang in there.

Closed Thread