It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

Tricia42Sacks HB User
After baby dies in utero, how long before miscarriage

After baby dies in utero, how long before miscarriage. I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby is measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. I have no signs of an impending miscarriage. How long can this go on, for the baby to pass naturally. I do not want a D and C. Thanks...

Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: After baby dies in utero, how long before miscarriage

First of all, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I think everyone is different. One friend took about a month. Another had not at that point so they did the procedure. If the body does not expell it in a reasonable amount of time, you really need to have the D & C.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
lrudesill (10-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

terri1024 HB User
Re: After baby dies in utero, how long before miscarriage

So sorry to hear of your loss - I had an experience similar to yours. At 12 weeks I found out that the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks, with no signs of miscarriage. I also didn't want a D & C unless absoutely necessary, and so opted to wait. After about a month and a few blood tests they prescribed me cytotek to induce bleeding. For some reason it didn't work for me - I had hardly any bleeding. My doctor had me continue regular blood tests and my levels went down very slowly... today at a follow up appointment, 3 months after the baby stopped growing, I found out that at my last blood test my levels went up, and I have to have a D & C after all.

I am feeling a little frustrated; I didn't know it could drag out this long. Had I known I would have had a D & C right away. Of course, there's no way to know that, and I read posts of that opinion months ago when I was diagnosed and didn't really understand it... everyone's case is different and no one can understand what you're going through. I hope this info is helpful to you. Whatever you decide, best of luck.

Closed Thread