It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

miss becci HB User
have i had a miscarriage again?

Hello everyone i hope someone can help me out
Four months ago i suffered a miscarriage at 7 weeks and i had to have a D&E. it was quite clear i was suffering from a miscarriage due to the pain and heavy bleeding.
Last thursday my Dr told me i was pregnant again, me and my fiancee were over the moon but on sunday a week after my period was due i started to bleed not heavily just like a normal period. At one point i passed a small clot about 3cm (no fleshy parts just blood) by last night the bleedings stopped and this morning there was a very small amount of brownish blood.
My question is could this have been a miscarriage of maby attachment bleeding???
Also i phoned nhs helpline on sunday night when the bleeding started and they told me to phone EPAU first thing monday morning. EPAU told me that because i could only be 5weeks pregnant at this stage they can not do any tests, they advised me to take another pregnancy test in a weeks time, but untill then i feel like im in libo. please help??

Old 10-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: have i had a miscarriage again?

Hi, Miss Becci. I've never been officially told I ever had a miscarriage, but I do think I had one very early in a pregnancy. I was definitely having all the pregnancy symptoms I had with my first child, then I had bleeding and a big clot came out. It was very early in the "pregnancy." I hadn't done a test yet, though. The next month I was having the same symptoms--did a test--and was confirmed pregnant. I had some bleeding later on in the pregnancy and the doc did a transvaginal ultrasound to check to see if a baby was still there. He was --and was delivered healthily later.

I know it's very hard to be patient because you are anxious to know. I have heard that the rate of early pregnancy miscarriage is relatively high--that is, a lot of women do lose a baby before they even have the pregnancy confirmed. I wasn't even allowed to get a check-up with an obstetrician for weeks, since they wanted to make sure that the baby was staying in.

At least you only have to wait a bit. I know it's tough. Let us know how you're doing.....Please take comfort, though, that if it happens to be another miscarriage, doctors can check to see if there is something that might be causing frequency and be able to correct it. Okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread