It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

kesh1975 HB User
Unhappy bleeding and no fetal pole

Hi i've been ttc for about a little over a yr now i dicovered 2 weeks ago that i'm pregnant. a week after i found out i was expecting i started bleeding. it started off like dark red to brown. i went to the e.r where they said its not etopic hcg levele were 6422 and not to worry they said something about a irregular sac. the next day the bleeding stopped only to return the next day light pink to a red so i went in to seemy obgyn and she said hcg levels doubled and that the sac is normal but couldnt see a fetal pole i was 6 weeks at time of sono now im 6w2d and the bleeding is off n on i go back in 2 weeks for another sono what should i expect? have this ever happened to any one?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

Altari HB UserAltari HB User
Re: bleeding and no fetal pole

Bleeding in the first trimester is actually very common. The embryo burrows into the uterine lining, so intermittent bleeding - from spotting to the first onset of a normal period - can come and go without concern. They did ultrasounds, which would most likely detect any problems that would cause bleeding.

To give you an example, with my first two pregnancies I thought I had an early period. With my third and fourth, I knew I was pregnant because of the early bleeding. With my fourth (most recent) pregnancy, the bleeding stopped about 10 to 11 weeks in, and it recurred a handful of times until I delivered without complication.

The "fetal pole" is part of the yolk sac, and can sometimes be seen as early as 6 weeks. But, it isn't unusual for it to be invisible up until the beginning of the third month.

So...what should you expect? Since they don't want you to return until 8 weeks, I'd just go about as if it was a completely normal pregnancy, because it probably is. Even an initially 'healthy pregnancy' can spontaneously miscarry at any point, but rest assured if your doctor(s) thought there was a chance of that you'd be undergoing more testing and made aware of the complications. The fact that your HGC is rising steadily and quickly, and that nothing abnormal showed up on the ultrasound, means your little one is most likely getting along quite well. =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Altari For This Useful Post:
kesh1975 (11-11-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

kesh1975 HB User

Thank you for replying so far the bleeding has been coming and going and its very light ive decided to just wait it out. still no pain or cramping i forgot to mention that the doctor said that my cervix is still closed. im praying for the best and will keep evryone updated with changes once again thanks for replying

Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
(female)

kesh1975 HB User

Well I had my sono today and even though the bleeding has stopped for about 5 days now still no fetal pole present. im 7 weeks 4 days. so ive come to the conclusion that i'll do a final sono on next monday then scheldule d&c after that one. i wanted everything to go natural but for some reason im not bleeding,no pain , no cramps, and hcg levels still doubling. gestational sac is growing as it should but its again slightly irregular. i can only hope for the best at this point but i do plan on updating my post for who ever else that may be going through this painful situation.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Sending (((HUGS))) your way.

Could there even be the remote possibility that your dates are off and you are not as far along as you think? That could still explain away the growing gestational sac and rising HCG levels, but not being able to see the fetal pole.

Whatever the situation may be, I hope that everything works for the best for you. Take care and keep us posted

Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
(female)

kesh1975 HB User

thanks for responding and honestly i do believe in my heart that my dates can b a little off, but after all the bleeding and jus bad news i dare to challenge it i'm very weak emotionally i dont know what to do other than pray about it. my doctor told me that hcg is made from the sac and that as long as the sac was still present my levels could do strange things. she said the empty sac and oblong shape sac plus the bleeding makes this an unviable pregnancy but im hoping for the best at next ultra sound and i will def keep my status posted. once again thanks for the hug it actually felt good!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

kesh1975 HB User

well had sono and found out that gestational sack was actually smaller than what it was the last time so dr said it showed signs of collapsing so i had d&c on tuesday 11-30 which makes me 2 days pass op. very disappointed and eager to try again dr said after bleeding stops for 2 whole days then go for it! she said its not medically nessary to wait so i hope ill be back soon!

Closed Thread