It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User
Think I might be having miscarriage but not sure

I'm about 43 days pregnant, I forget how many weeks that is, around 5 or 6 I guess. I took 2 pregnancy tests which were positive, then got a blood test on Wednesday. This morning I woke up and all day have had sort of moderate bleeding, and a little bloating but no cramps. They called today with the blood test results while I was out but left a message saying something like the test was mildly positive but the numbers weren't as high as they are expected to be at 5 weeks, and to go get another blood test in 7 days. So, I feel like maybe I am having a miscarriage. I also took my basal body temperature and it was 96.9 when I thought it should be 98 or so. I don't feel pregnant. I predicted I'd be having morning sickness starting tomorrow, based on when I was pregnant with my son, and I just don't feel like I'm going to have morning sickness. I feel in limbo between pregnant and not pregnant, which matches what they said on the phone that I'm mildly pregnant? I'm scared of having to have a D&C or something. The fear of the unknown is worse than if I just knew one way or the other. Plus I'm 40 so if I have a miscarriage, I'm running out of time, and I wonder if I'm too old to have a kid.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User
Re: Think I might be having miscarriage but not sure

An update to my situation--I'm pretty sure I had a miscarriage. Christmas Eve morning I passed some tissue which maybe was the placenta and a round thing like a piece of tapioca that I assume was the embryo. It didn't really look like anything recognizable. I physically felt better after that and the bleeding has subsided. I haven't even called the doctor yet. Will do it on Monday and see what I'm supposed to do next. I never had cramps, it was mostly like a period, with some bloating. A part of me wonders if it was twins and maybe there is still one in there, but I don't think that's very likely since my blood test numbers weren't right. I just hope I don't need anything else done, besides maybe an ultrasound to confirm what I suspect. I'm not sure under what circumstances they do a D&C and if it's optional or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread