It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

Stallman HB User
Did I have a miscarriage? Or misdiagnosed

Ok I'm new to this miscarriage thing, it sucks.. But here is my story and then my question..

Tue night ( Jan 17,11) I was having really sharp pains on my left side like someone was stabbing me it hurt but the pain stopped maybe 20 mins later. Well that morn I was in the shower and I had a dull ache and it was concerning, well I went to work around 10am and I was putting clothes away and I got a sharp pain and then I felt a pop. I knew something was wrong. I went straight to the er. Well I get there and I tell them that I have an iud, I no longer can feel the strings and i have some bleeding( my period wasn't even due for another week) anyway they do some tests blood work, I found out that I have a positive pregnancy test, the iud is no longer there I have a horrible uti, and I had a ruptured cyst.. Well the doc says that my hcg levels were only 144 and that I will probably miscarry, and to come in on friday (Jan 20,11) and recheck the levels, so that night after hearing the news I come home and the bleeding had almost completely stopped. Thursday morn it stopped completely and so did the pain. So on Friday I was happy getting excited to go get the bloodwork and excites for a new babe, but when thee results came back the doc said the levels were only 114 and that I miscarried.. It's hard but I just have this gut feeling that I didn't miscarry and the doc was wrong..

Could this be at all possible, the said I'm only a couple of weeks pregnant, I have to go in again on tues and get my levels rechecked. To make sure the hcg is 0...

I honestly think I was misdiagnoised. No bleeding no blood clots. Nothing? Can advice or stories will be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
(female)

oregonbound HB User
Re: Did I have a miscarriage? Or misdiagnosed

This post was some time ago. Have you received your results?

If your HCG was only 144, it would have been so early, that the bleeding could have been similar to that of a medium to heavy period. The fact that you had HCG present is a clear indicator of pregnancy, unless you're taking hormones.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
(female)

Stallman HB User
Re: Did I have a miscarriage? Or misdiagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonbound View Post
This post was some time ago. Have you received your results?

If your HCG was only 144, it would have been so early, that the bleeding could have been similar to that of a medium to heavy period. The fact that you had HCG present is a clear indicator of pregnancy, unless you're taking hormones.

I'm sorry for your loss.
No nothing yet, I was told to come in and make sure my hcg levels are continuing to go down but I didn't make that apt. So I'm actually gonna take a test tomorrow and see if it's negative. When I talked to the doc he advised me that taking a test would be a little less pricey then going back into the ER. If it turns out negative then the level is under a 5 but if it's still positive then that's when the doc would like me to come back in.

I'll keep you posted on what happens in the morning when I take my test

Closed Thread