It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

stayathomemom08 HB User
Unhappy ectopic pregnancy after removal of iud mirena

Hi
I had my mirena put in in the begining of 2009 and had it removed in december of 2009 because of some spotting issues that were making me uncomfortable even thought my doctor said it was normal. She stated that we could try to get pregnant right away if we wanted. We got pregnant in March 2010 and were thrilled. We went in for our first ultrasound and there was a baby but no heartbeat or movement. We were at a lost for words because we had had 2 completely healthy and normal pregnancies. My daughter was born in feb 2007 and my son in dec of 2008. I had to have a D&C. I had my D&C in May and my doctor told me to wait 2 months before trying again. So we waited and got pregnant again in August of 2010. We went in for our first ultrasound and there was nothing there but my blood work showed I was pregnant and I was having all the symptoms I usually have in my first trimester. It was an ectopic pregnancy. Our baby had attached to my left fallopian tube. My doctor told me she would have to abort the pregnancy. Now I don't know about some of you but as for me I am ProLife and when she said abort meaning to me kill my baby I lost it. I was hysterical. My husband helped to calm me and we had to make an appointment to come back and get 2 shots of methotrexate which stops the growth of the baby. We went home that day and were at a loss for words. We didn't understand why we were having problems having a normal healthy pregnancy after we already had 2. I jumped to the conclusion that it was the mirena. My doctor told me that it wasn't that there was no data stating that mirena causes misscarraiges and ectopic pregnancies after being removed. But she couldn't explain to me why I was having problems. I am a healthy individual I eat totally organic and I workout 5-6 days a week for at least an hour and I run 5-10 miles a week. I knew it had to be the mirena. I just pray that I can still have more children. My husband and I wanted a big family. I am aggravated and saddened by the thought of not having more children and very disappointed in the company because they havent given the public the complete data on mirena.

stayathomemom08

The Following User Says Thank You to stayathomemom08 For This Useful Post:
yvettebnvds (11-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread