It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

heather86sed HB User
Unhappy Threatened Miscarriage...scared.

Hello Ladies,
On the 4th of this Month I had gone to the ER for some spotting after I have had a confirmed pregnancy on 4/1. We aren't quite clear on the due date or how far along I am since I have missed more than one period, but I had one beta hcg that came back negative for pregnancy on Mar 24 so I would have to be very very early. Anywho, I went to the ER and they performed a pelvic exam and saw some blood but stated that at that time my cervix is still closed. They did another beta hcg and my level was 38, and nothing could be seen on an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound. The dr told me that based on my levels I am either a)having a miscarriage and my levels are going down or b) am very very early pregnant and my body is just trying to have a period. I am going in today for another beta hcg and will get the results tomorrow. If the levels are going up then that is a good sign that my pregnancy is progressing...if they levels go down though, that means I am suffering a miscarriage. Well yesterday, my bleeding got a little heavier (not enough to soak even 1 pad though...kind of just like a normal period sort of bleeding) and I got some minor cramping and had passed lots and lots of these little tiny clots that were brownish/pinkish in color and no more than <> in size. Would this be a miscarriage?? I am looking forward to finding out what is going on but at the same time I am terrified that I am going to get bad news. I was on Trinessa (which obviously failed) and stopped taking them as soon as I found out I was pregnant, but the doctor said that this shouldn't have had any major effects at all. We have 2 children already and this pregnancy, while unplanned came as a major shock to us. As soon as we finally came around to getting excited and happy about it though, we get this news Has anyone experienced a threatened miscarriage, then had the pregnancy continue on as normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
(female)

heather86sed HB User
Re: Threatened Miscarriage...scared.

So an update on the situation....I called this morning and got my results. My HCG went from being 38 down to 9, so the result is a miscarriage. I have an appt to see my Ob today to discuss what happens next from here. It's okay though. Even though I wasn't very far along at all (maybe only a few weeks), I know that God has bigger plans for me and for the baby.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
(female)

nungfaw07 HB User

I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss I wish you a speedy recovery although I know the emotional part of it may be harder than the physical....

Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
(female)

msteryn HB User

I am so sorry to hear this. Believe me, I do know what those rollercoaster of emotions is like. God does have plans for you. Just keep telling yourself that even though you may not know the reason, EVERYTHING does happen for a reason.

Closed Thread