It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

its my time HB User
wife pregnant 6 years after miscarriage

hi all.

my wife had a miscarriage in 2005 she was 16 weeks gone we went for our appointment for our ultra sound when we were told that there was no heart beat it took us nearly 18months to starting trying again my wife was understandable very upset.
we tried everything since 2007 to get pregnent it was just not happening we made appointments to get tested everything was perfect. from early 2010 everytime she got her period she was a bit down for a few days.

last saturday gone i was in bed 8am my wife came in and said i think im pregnent she did the test it was positive we even did a second to make sure the same result we made a appointment for the doctor he did his test it was also positive we were happy but not jumping up and down happy we are not talking about it much.

im on here for advice im so scared of another miscarriage i dont know if my wife can go through something like that again i would never tell her that im remaining positive but im scared to death inside and i know either thou she has not said anything i know she is scared aswell. the thoughts of going for the ultra sound early next month and on is frighting over my last experiance.

has anybody any advice?

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by its my time; 04-14-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: wife pregnant 6 years after miscarriage

My advice is to stay as positive as possible under the circumstances. You have been able to be strong for your wife before, and hopefully this will be a healthy and viable pregnancy and there will be no worries. I do understand your concern. I'll be praying for both of you !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Most miscarriages are caused by random genetic defects incompatible with life.
The defect may be with the egg, or the sperm, or both.
I say 'random" because every woman has some genetically flawed eggs (more and more as we age), and every man has some genetically flawed sperm.
So it's like a lottery: it's just luck of the draw. You guys happened to draw the black ticket.

There's no reason to suspect it'll happen again, if everything else checks out.
In fact, your chances of having a second miscarriage are slim... except for the fact that your wife is six years older now, and the older a woman is, the fewer viable eggs (and the more flawed eggs) she has. But if she's under 35, chances are she's fine, the egg was viable, and this pregnancy will continue to term. Even if she's under 40, she's got a pretty good shot. Over 40, the odds are not so good.

I'm 38 years old and 7 weeks pregnant.
I've got a lot of the same concerns, but que sera, sera. I've known all along this wasn't a sure thing.

best of luck.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

123miracle HB User

hello first of all congrats and hope it will be a smooth pregnancy for your wife with a healthy baby. My husband and I had gone through a miscarriage so i know how you are feeling. When we found out that we got pregnant again we were constantly worried bout it happening again. Well thank god it didnt and have a healthy baby now. It is going to be stressful but just keep thinking positive because this should be a happy moment for the both of you. Just because you had one miscarriage doesnt mean this one is going to be as well. Good luck and wish you guys the best . I hope i was somewhat of help. o
Quote:
Originally Posted by its my time View Post
hi all.

my wife had a miscarriage in 2005 she was 16 weeks gone we went for our appointment for our ultra sound when we were told that there was no heart beat it took us nearly 18months to starting trying again my wife was understandable very upset.
we tried everything since 2007 to get pregnent it was just not happening we made appointments to get tested everything was perfect. from early 2010 everytime she got her period she was a bit down for a few days.

last saturday gone i was in bed 8am my wife came in and said i think im pregnent she did the test it was positive we even did a second to make sure the same result we made a appointment for the doctor he did his test it was also positive we were happy but not jumping up and down happy we are not talking about it much.

im on here for advice im so scared of another miscarriage i dont know if my wife can go through something like that again i would never tell her that im remaining positive but im scared to death inside and i know either thou she has not said anything i know she is scared aswell. the thoughts of going for the ultra sound early next month and on is frighting over my last experiance.

has anybody any advice?

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Closed Thread