It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

pinchbeck HB User
Am I crazy to want a 'natural' miscarriage not induced by misoprostol?

At eight weeks it was determined my pregnancy was no longer viable. I bled a little bit two days ago and the miscarriage has not progressed. I was given Misoprostol to get things rolling a little faster, but am afraid of the intense pain and cramping it gives and other side effects.

Am I crazy to want to let my body take care of this even though it really isn't doing a good job so far? Am I taking too much of a risk?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
(female)

KREgirl09 HB UserKREgirl09 HB User
Re: Am I crazy to want a 'natural' miscarriage not induced by misoprostol?

First off, I would like to say how sorry I am for your loss. No, you are not crazy! In my opinion, you should do what feels the most natural to you. If allowing your body to take it's time, and let the pregnancy go naturally isn't life threatening or causing problem for you I would say do it whatever way is easier for you. But, of course I would recommend talking to your doctor about it first to make sure it isn't going to be harmful to you to wait. I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by KREgirl09; 07-14-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Am I crazy to want a 'natural' miscarriage not induced by misoprostol?

I too, would like to offer my empathy for you in this sad situation. I would also like to avoid the harsh effects of such a medication if your body is able to progress through this without it. I would seek the advice of your doctor as to what to expect, and at what point would you need medical intervention. I would also prepare what ever you may need at home to go through this, as well as a support person to be with you. As long as you have a good understanding of what to expect, and when to seek help, I respect and understand you desire to do this as naturally as possible. I had a miscarriage at home once, and I did fine, although if I would have known it was coming, I would have had someone there with me to help me. I would also wanted to have a plastic sheet down, and supplies for the aftermath, such as pads and clean towels. I also kept the remains for my doctor to inspect to assure me that it was complete. Afterwards I would go in for an exam to make sure everything was ok.

Again, I am so sorry, and even writing this was very hard to do. We have to accept mother nature for knowing when to end a pregnancy, but it is still a hard thing to accept. Do you have a good support person near you? Please write back and let me know how you are, you are very brave.

Janet

Closed Thread